Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy. Plasma or LCD TV??

Gilligan
    I am looking to upgrade my TV. Do I want a plasma or an LCD? I am looking at the 42" to 50" Range. I have an HD tv signal. I also have surround sound so TV speakers are not an issue. I heard the Panasonic Plasma was great but the Panasonic LCD was junk. :rollside:

H20 Toie
    they don't make a 50" lcd so it looks like your in for a plasma, and the Panasonic plasma's are great.

malibuken
    I do not believe Panny has an LCD over 32", but their plasmas are at the top of the list.
    The large LCDs are very expensive. I am not an expert but, my research indicated to me the Plasmas in the over 42" range are better at this time. Not to say thay might not change in the near future. the refresh rate on the Plasma is better at that large of scale, which make for sharper moving images, like games or HD action such as sports and such.
    I believe sharp just announced a new 65" LCD for about $20K and a 45" for about $6500. no reviews yet
    the sony 40" LCD has great specs, and a great picture. I opted for the 37" sharp, and I am very happy with it.
    Bottom line is I believe Plasma is better at the larger scale. Check out the avsforum.com for more information than you really wanted.
    also with CES coming up the first part of Jan, where all the new electronics are announced, we might see some gnarley stuff.

Nordicflame
    We just purchased a Panasonic TH42PX50U after a lot of research.
    Would highly recommend it :rollside:
    LCDTVS.com was great to work with and are the only ones in the country (as of two weeks ago) to carry this new Panny.
    Dave

Just Tool'n
    In the mornings, the local TV news show has a consumer reports segment on it about this & that. The other day it was about plasma TV's, Panasonic got the best rating from consumer reports, they looked at true color image, & the way the tv reproduced it, some of the cheapo tv's did not do so well, some of the tv's would make what was suppose to be black, grey instead, or they showed a blue sky, & the cheapo's would do a poor job of blending the pixels.
    Just allways remember this, when was the last time you bought the best, that you were unhappy. I never have been unhappy when buying the best.

Jyruiz
    If you want the best plasma, then go with the Pioneer Elite line, second best would be Fujitsu. Panasonic makes a great plasma and everybody loves it because it is a lot less expensive and it is a great plasma for the money, but it is not a Pio Elite.

hot_diggity_dog
    If you want the best plasma, then go with the Pioneer Elite line, second best would be Fujitsu. Panasonic makes a great plasma and everybody loves it because it is a lot less expensive and it is a great plasma for the money, but it is not a Pio Elite.
    Pioneer Elite PRO all the way.
    HDD

Gilligan
    We just purchased a Panasonic TH42PX50U after a lot of research.
    Would highly recommend it :rollside:
    LCDTVS.com was great to work with and are the only ones in the country (as of two weeks ago) to carry this new Panny.
    Dave
    I have seen that one in the stores and it looks nice!!

UltraStealth
    Pioneer or Fujitsu are top of the line. My neighbor owns Exclusive Audio Video and is located in Santa Clarita. He does work in Southern California and does professional installation. All of the wiring is hiden in the wall. He can get almost anything from TV's, Audio equipment, Touch screen remotes (these things are great, you can also use the remote to turn-on or turn-off lights etc. Basically, you can control almost anything that use power from the remote. If you are local in So Cal you might want to call him.

H20 Toie
    The Panasonics are great i have quite a few but they are backordered right now on both the 42' and 50" so i had to get the pioneer's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast