Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Broadband

THATJEFFGUY
    Does anyone have a Verizon Wireless hookup ? Is their nationwide wireless broadband any good ? I think $60/month seems like a deal. Have you guys used it yet ??

voodoomedman
    Does anyone have a Verizon Wireless hookup ? Is their nationwide wireless broadband any good ? I think $60/month seems like a deal. Have you guys used it yet ??
    I have a company provided card on my company laptop. It actually works pretty darn good. If you have full bars it is almost like dsl. You get a pretty good connection through most of socal. My only gripe is it doesn't work at the house in Havasu because of the whole Mohave wireless deal. Oh well I need to be boating and not working anyway when there sooooooooo............ See if you can get a corporate deal. Mine is like 50.04 every month.

Badger301
    I use it through work.....some places work tons better then others...SD area is better then LA......If you get signal on your Verizon phone you usually get signal for the Computer...not much info but hope it helps

voodoomedman
    I use it through work.....some places work tons better then others...SD area is better then LA......If you get signal on your Verizon phone you usually get signal for the Computer...not much info but hope it helps
    And the think is that data is sent in packets and even with a weak signal as long as it is there you will eventually get what you need unlike a voice conversation where you will start the "can you hear me now" crap. If it works better in San Diego then LA then San Diego is real good. My territory used to be Ontario and it worked fine there except for a few shady spots. I live in Chino and get about 2 bars but that's okay cuz Verizon Fiber is 5 megs at the house. My territory now is Pasadena, Alhambra, Monterey Park and I am suprised when I don't get full bars out there.

riverbound
    I just got mine and have been traveling all over. worked go din Nor Cal. (sac,Vallejo, san Jose) also have been using it in Az (tucson,chandler,mesa,Phoenix) it works greatwhen you have full signal and are in the broadband area. gets slower when you are in the national access area..... in fact I am posting from it right now in Scottsdale.

GunninGopher
    I've had it for my work comp for about 8 months and love it for where I work. I tried it out in the desert and a few other places that were really slow, but it still worked.
    When it is connected it is really fast, you probably wouldn't notice the difference between cable/dsl. If you have the need it is the way to go.
    Cingular's new one is supposed to be faster, and a sales rep said that they had the fastest build out of anyone scheduled for the future.
    If you only work in certain areas I'd check out Sprint or Cingular. Sprint has the same EVDO that Verizon does, and Cingular us HSHTP or something like that. Bonus with Cingular is that thier technology works internationally if you travel abroad.

MUDXPRT
    I have a blackberry with Verizon which also works as a modem and use it on my laptop, works very well.

Garrddogg
    Ive had it for over a year now, and its great!! I can be online all the way to Parker then dark from Parker to Havi..
    nothin like the freedom of gettin online when ever or where ever!!
    (can you hear me now?)
    Force

beever_retreever
    I've been using the Verizon Merlin V620 since Jan and it works great. They include a software utility called Venturi that allows you to throttle the available bandwidth. You can select whether to have the card work for best image or highest speed.
    My company also uses The Sprint Merlin S620(same card as Verizon), and the Cingular Sierra 860. All cards are good. We use all 3 based on coverage areas our folks work. There are newer cards on the market, but we like to stay on a uniform hardware platform. Avg Joe consumer should expect to pay about $50 for the card and $60 for unlimited monthly usage. Nothing beats the drive to Havi/Laughlin and checking the email, posting on HB, and best of all.....NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY!

THATJEFFGUY
    Thanks for the help guys ! Nextel4U just hooked me up with the Sprint card...so I should be up and runnin' tomorrow. Thanks again John for the GREAT service !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast