Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verizon Broadband

nextel4u
    No problem Jeff
    Always here to help you out!
    John

lalhc
    Sprint has more high speed markets than Verizon for the same price. PM me or call me @ 951-232-2200. I'm a Sprint/Nextel wireless dealer.

lalhc
    Hey John - I didn't see your message :220v:

Scarab Jet
    Cingular's new one is supposed to be faster, and a sales rep said that they had the fastest build out of anyone scheduled for the future.
    Well... I sure hope the new one is faster... I have the one that they offer now and it is just barely faster than dialup in Bullhead/Mohave Valley area...
    Did the sales guy tell you when this new technology is coming out?

GunninGopher
    Well... I sure hope the new one is faster... I have the one that they offer now and it is just barely faster than dialup in Bullhead/Mohave Valley area...
    I tried it out about a year ago and I wasn't too impressed, but it was brand new, so I doubt that I was ever connected to an upgraded cell. Their newest mode is called HSDPA or something like that. You were probably connecting UTMS or whatever it is called.
    The bottom line is to figure out what works where you need it to. I've never tried any of these outside of San Diego/Imperial County, so I can't speak to how well they'd work up there.
    I can let you know how the Verizon one works in some areas down here if you are wondering.

looky_lou
    I have been using the Verizon service for the last 5-6 weeks. It is OK, but nothing like the old cable connection.
    Much better than dialup in most areas, but no service in Havasu.

Kilrtoy
    I have been using the Verizon service for the last 5-6 weeks. It is OK, but nothing like the old cable connection.
    Much better than dialup in most areas, but no service in Havasu.
    exactly......
    No service in havasu

nextel4u
    We don't have EVDO in the LHC, Bullhead City Area. The card works out there but you will be getting about 14.4-28.8 kbs speeds. Engineering told me last week that in 18 months we will have EVDO in these areas. With EVDO coverage you should be getting about 440 kbs. That is what I get at my office here in Las Vegas.
    John

beever_retreever
    Broadband coverage from my understanding is only available in mid to large market cities. I'll run a speed test this weekend when I get to Laughlin and post back. I guess you really shouldn't expect blazing wireless broadband speeds in Havi/Needles/BHC. They're all still podunk towns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12