Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Smart Are U?????

FastRat1
    Has any1 ever seen a BBC Edelbrock IR manifold??
    It has a removable top for either a sgl quad or dual quads...intake runners feed each cyl individualy....i want to know where i can buy the top?....thnx
    Ron

MoparSanger
    Why do you want that? You will have a lot of carb tuning problems with I.R. You need the plenum in the intake manifold to even out the pulse from the intake valves opening and closing.

GlastronGuy
    How Smart Are U?????
    How condescending can you be?
    I am smart enough to know where to get a top for a BBC Edelbrock IR manifold.
    wink

FastRat1
    i did not mean to annoy any1's feelings...i do not have a Edelbrock Cat...and from my understanding...they do not make this manif. anymore...also...i only got 2 replies to my post...so it appears to me that not many people are aware of this manif...pls fill me in on a p/n...thnx
    Ron

FastRat1
    i did not mean to annoy any1's feelings...i do not have a Edelbrock Cat...and from my understanding...they do not make this manif. anymore...also...i only got 2 replies to my post...so it appears to me that not many people are aware of this manif...pls fill me in on a p/n...thnx
    Ron

UBFJ #454
    Ron -
    The IR is tunnel ram for a single 4 barrel, the 2R (EDE 7075)for two quads: 2 quad top, EDE 7078. I have a 2R [w/two Holley 750's that have been race prep'd by C&J in CA to flow just over 825 ea.] that I am currently in the process of blueprinting the interior to solve fuel pooling inherent to the Edlebrock casting design.
    The Hollys are the old 1960ish, hard to find 6109's that will mount either in-line or side by side. Have all linkage (now set up side by side)and carb base mounting spacers.
    Interested? May be interested in selling, but, Not Cheap.

UBFJ #454
    MoparSanger -
    The fuel pulse in the Edelbrock Tunnel Rams is caused by fuel pooling in the recesses of the casting, then being input(unevenly)into the runners by motion (vibration, engine movement, etc.). Typically, you can't get rid of this totally unless you remove any place fuel can pool in the manifold. I've found that plenums are only a partial solution: They help alot, but, don't totally solve the problem.
    Jak

Some say I'm not all that smart. I guess it must be true since I know nothing about this manifold. Thanks for asking though.

FastRat1
    BEAR...thnx for the info..u seem knowledgeable on this manif..so u know it was used on '70ish pro stockers with 4500's with great success..until they started to make there own manif (IR type) and split the 4500's in half..if i understand u rite..cause of the round runners feeding the cyl's..individualy..all the fuel doesnt get into the mtr like it should?..therefore pooling in the corners etc...rite...do u think a sgl carb top would make any difference?..i've had this manif for 20+ yrs..but the top got stolen (4500 top)..i have kicked the idea around for yrs..to make this manif into a fuel injection unit..but cant find anyone around here to drill it for the shafts and fit the butterflies (which i have)..what do u think about that idea?..get bk with me..thnx
    Ron

UBFJ #454
    The fuel injection is a great idea. What about rather than putting the injectors in the runners, building an AL top plate with the injectors mounted, in a directed manner,in that.
    Right now we're running two flowed Davinci 1150+ cfm carbs on a Wilson CNC sheet metal manifold on our 565 race engine (go to our website's picture gallery to see pic.'s). They, Wilson, also make CNC manifolds for injector setups. You might go to http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com and get some ideas about how to build a top mount injector setup. If you ever get down to Phx. stop by and "blue sky" up a design ... fabrication of a top mount unit here would be no problem given our resources. If you decide to stop by, bring the injector parts that you have so I can get an idea of what needs to be fab'd. Also you can see how I'm "blueprinting" my manifold.
    On such a project, I'd be willing to work with you for nothing other than the cost of materials ... I might even build an injector plate setup for my tunnel ram as I can see a market for such a rig, especially with an electronic fuel injection system on it: I have a source for that.
    I really like your idea, let's stay in touch.
    Jak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast