Thread: Sob Story

chaparral2350sx
    Number One I would like to say that Ty and his group did a great job on the carb that he sent me. It pulled out of the hole better and had more power though out all of the rev range. Now here is the sob story the problem I had was not lack of fuel but valve float cause by over reving. So guess how I found this out? lets see does a low thunk and the motor stop raise any eye brows. Well it raise my eye brows and burned my wallet to a crisp. Any body got a set of old 454 Mag heads they would like to sell as well as a block crank and a rod and one piston.Total boat anchor. Morale of this story if you have a noise that you do not quite understand ask a friend that is more knowledgeable to help might save you alot of money in the long run.
    Have violins Will play may heart bleeds for you.
    Tom

Hotcrusader76
    chaparral2350sx:
    Number One I would like to say that Ty and his group did a great job on the carb that he sent me. It pulled out of the hole better and had more power though out all of the rev range. Now here is the sob story the problem I had was not lack of fuel but valve float cause by over reving. So guess how I found this out? lets see does a low thunk and the motor stop raise any eye brows. Well it raise my eye brows and burned my wallet to a crisp. Any body got a set of old 454 Mag heads they would like to sell as well as a block crank and a rod and one piston.Total boat anchor. Morale of this story if you have a noise that you do not quite understand ask a friend that is more knowledgeable to help might save you alot of money in the long run.
    Have violins Will play may heart bleeds for you.
    TomHoly shit Tom!
    Your kidding me....you just got the carb not last week. Are you sure it was the valve/s?
    Let me know what the out-come is...
    -Ty
    [ September 16, 2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

chaparral2350sx
    HI Ty
    NO #$%^& I Pretty sure the tach was off and I was floating the valves.Valves must have met piston netting a dead motor.Great carb though.
    Tom