Thread: OIl Coolers Help

taxman
    I noticed today that my water exiting the boat mine is on the drivers side like a k boat it had oil and water dumping out of it. I checked my dipo stick no milk so is this what happens when a oil cooler goes bad?????

lilrick
    I noticed today that my water exiting the boat mine is on the drivers side like a k boat it had oil and water dumping out of it. I checked my dipo stick no milk so is this what happens when a oil cooler goes bad?????
    Are we talking about a Dan Olsen oil cooler?

taxman
    don't know the maker but I was told the seals can go bad and this is the problem

obnoxious001
    You didn't mention if the oil level was good or low. Oil pressure being greater than water pressure could and would allow oil to escape without getting water in the oil. I know of one race boat that I built engines for that had that problem. Disassemble the cooler and you should find the problem.

taxman
    oil pressure was fine it happened while I was on the trailer lettimg it warm up so killed it and called mike darner who turns the wrench on this boat and he said if no milk shake on the dip stick than it has to be the oil cooler