Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info on Placecraft boat.

Danhercules
    Who knows anything about them? I rode in one this weekend. Seems like with a little HP they move good.
    Placecraft 22' (http://www.placecraftboats.com/stepcat.html)
    How much HP is needed to get them up to 75 or 80? Will they handle that? Who has some pros or cons to this boat?
    I would get it in a Jet for sure!!!!!

flat broke
    Who knows anything about them? I rode in one this weekend. Seems like with a little HP they move good.
    Placecraft 22' (http://www.placecraftboats.com/stepcat.html)
    How much HP is needed to get them up to 75 or 80? Will they handle that? Who has some pros or cons to this boat?
    I would get it in a Jet for sure!!!!!
    Dan,
    Wrightnow on the boards has one and with a 502 it runs in the low 50s. They need a fair amount of power to get the speed up, so the tunnels can start doing what they're designed for. Were you lookin I/O or Jet? If Jet, you might also want to look at the Ultra 21 Deckboat.
    Chris

FLOJO
    The Company Is Of The 60 In El Monte Its A Small Place I Really Liked There Boats. He Doesnt Do The Boat Shows. The Boat Is Really Big For A 22ft Lots Of Room And The Owner Says It Handles Havasu Chop Really Well.

SB
    They will handle the speed and power, sounds like you need 700 hp.

Speedin' Ian
    My buddy built a motor for a closed bow 22 with a jet. They built a 572 with a PSI... I believe it made about 1400-1500hp on race gas and they ran in the 120's with five guys. I was going 70 and he flew by me like I was going in reverse!

BoaterX
    I have/had a 23' 4" ModV Tunnel, which looks similar. Minus the swim step and mine is pretty close to 22'. This hull is very efficient, although I am sure the deck weighs more than mine. I've got a 496 Mag IO in mine. Full throttle, the speedo was reading 74 MPH. Can't wait to take it out again with GPS.
    If anyone has pics of the Placecraft 22' deck boat, I'd love to see them. Once my boat is sold, I am going to take a serious look at this boat. The placecraft website pics absolutely blow!

49er
    I have a 22' placecraft that I just purchased w/ a 350 i/o and it ran 55 mph with 8 people in it across havasu.I have nothing but good things to say about it, very nice boat. But I don't think I would get a jet if I were you,I have a friend with one with a 502 with a small supercharger on it and it has a hard time plaining with any amount of people in it. But once it's going it runs close to 70 mph.

BoaterX
    49er - Please post some pics. I would like to see your placecraft. I would like to see the front deck area and also the seating and storage areas. Thanks.

49er
    I tried to post some pics but it said the file was too big. I will shrink them down and post them as soon as I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast