Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info on Placecraft boat.

100+Placecraft
    I've got one. I have it for almost years. I've got a twin supercharged 454 and it runs around 90 with a lab finished 26p, and has plenty of power for a 30p but the wife draws the line somewhere. Mine is the boat on the front page of their website and brochure. (My Dixie Wrecked)
    My only complaint would be that it flex's a little too much and that in rough water the front of the boat is really close to the water, especially with people in the front. I've actually taken on quite a bit of water once and I didn't like it all with the kids on the boat.
    The flexing is pretty muched fixed with the new ones though.
    As far as the guy with one that will only do 50....He's got some other issues that arent hull related...Maybe intake/pump angle or something.
    I defenitley would not get a jet, unless you only use it south of Parker. The gas mileage alone would scare me away from that.
    Hope I was helpful.

flat broke
    I've got one. I have it for almost years. I've got a twin supercharged 454 and it runs around 90 with a lab finished 26p, and has plenty of power for a 30p but the wife draws the line somewhere. Mine is the boat on the front page of their website and brochure. (My Dixie Wrecked)
    My only complaint would be that it flex's a little too much and that in rough water the front of the boat is really close to the water, especially with people in the front. I've actually taken on quite a bit of water once and I didn't like it all with the kids on the boat.
    The flexing is pretty muched fixed with the new ones though.
    As far as the guy with one that will only do 50....He's got some other issues that arent hull related...Maybe intake/pump angle or something.
    I defenitley would not get a jet, unless you only use it south of Parker. The gas mileage alone would scare me away from that.
    Hope I was helpful.
    The guy with the one that will only go a touch over 50 had the entire boat built by Placecraft, so if there is an issue with the pump setup there is only Placecraft to blame. The boat seems nice and being a tunnel it definitely rode better than my 21 would have in the same water. But if you're saying that he should be seeing higher speeds with the Marine Power 502, I'm sure he'd love to hear about it. If you know of other owners with jets and the 502 that are seeing better speeds, PM me so I can give you his information.
    Thanks,
    Chris

LVjetboy
    Placecraft building deck boats. That's just wrong.
    jer

100+Placecraft
    Chris,
    I dont really know much about pumps, but does he have a diverter?
    I have a friend from work who just got his last winter. Its a pump with a killer 632 motor in it, and he's having trouble with the pump set up too last I heard. He's on the boards now "cranky632" I know he's trying alot of different set ups, pump angles, intakes, and I dont know what else. He said he felt like the boat just wasn't getting out of the water enough. I have an outdrive with a land and sea drive extension, so I have no problem getting the boat out of the water. Maybe your friend can contact him and see what he's got going on.
    You know, I think Frank Place has got a really really fast one that is pump. You'd think that they would know how to set up a pump boat.
    Andy

BoaterX
    I talked to Ron Hamilton a week ago when I was at the shop browsing. He said something about tooling the hull again this winter to give it a little more lift. He said it's got plenty, but he still wanted to add a little more...??

22HotKat
    I have a 2000 - 22' deck # 6 out of the mold. Legend Pump ZZ 502 - 502HP . Drop snoot , inducer "A" impeler. When my boat was being built I was around the shop and the jet versions with stock 454 and 415 HP 502 were coming back with not so happy owners reguarding speed. NOT me - it runs hard to the low 60's and then you can feel the lift from the tunnel and it climes. A lot of 22's after mine went out with 540's - 572 crate motors and other versions with + 500 HP. Greg Shumaker rigged one that was in HOT BOAT mag with 950 HP = 105 MPH on radar. The motor in that boat ended up in John West's personal jet boat
    As far as the Ultra '21 look back in your old HB mags at the Place Diverter Ad's - Yes it's true the '21 Ultra started life as a Placecraft - went to Tom Pap ( see HB article in '93) and then ULTRA. The comments about 1200 HP to get that boat to 90MPH speaks for itself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12