Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware!!!!! Scam or not????

Dan Lorenze
    I've got my Jet for sale here on the HB Spam section, and just got this email:
    You be the judge...
    HELLO SELLER,
    I AM A FOREIGN BUYER WHO LIVES IN FLAT 5,EMPROR COURT,1120 PERSHORE ROAD,STIRCHLEY BIRMINHAM WEST MIDLAND B204 PH.I SAW YOUR ADVERTISEMENT ON THE NET AND IT WAS LOVELY TO MY LOOK SO I WILL LIKE TO PURCHASE IT.
    SO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR LAST PRICE AND SOME PICS TO SEE THE CONDITIONS OF THE PRODUCT .THE METHOD OF PAYMENT IS BY A CERTIFIED GENUNINE CHEQUE BECAUS MY BEHALF WHEN THE PRICE IS OKAY AMONG US.SO I WILL AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY BUT YOU CAN REACH ME ON
    +447031927239
    FOR FURTHER DETAILS
    REGARDS JOHN PHILIPS
    Scam or no scam???
    Boat is sold anyway, I just wanted to shed some light on a possible scam..

HM
    Scam...as soon as they start with cashiers check...it is a scam. And they usually will have a story about how they have a cashiers check for several thousands more than you are asking. Then apply to shipping and wire back the difference. The cashier checks are really good forgeries....usually because they are a near exact copy of a cashiers check that really exists. It takes a week or two for the forgery to be caught, then you have lost your boat, and the money that you wired back to him.
    It is not that uncommon for out of country purchases...but they usually offer to use some type of escrow account and wire the money in.

HMF'er
    Very phony, the writer is pretending to be very British, even more that real Brits. I'd be curios in dialing that phone number listed, I bet it goes to Nigeria.

olbiezer
    when i was selling my biesemeyer i got phone calls very simular.......i will send u check i am in saudi arabia i send u check......ya right :yuk:

HM
    I went through this 4 or 5 years ago when the scam was not as well known. I just kept insisting on a wire transfer, and he ignored me and kept saying he was sending his "business associate" with the check.

GofastRacer
    That's the biggest scam around, it's been going on for a long time, I'm surprised they still do it!..

Wmc
    Scam This happen to me and I even got the check but it was no good

PHX ATC
    Go through with it to get the check, then post it on your office wall. Of course, that's as far as you go...put the moron through the work and excitement of thinking he's got one on the hook, then the laugh is on him, not you.

Partycattin
    I'd be cautious about calling the phone # listed too. Could be one of those offhore phone scams that charges you $100 minute.
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

sleekcraft137
    SCAM! :220v:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast