Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT KIND OF SHOOTOUT WAS THAT?

ONE 4 SPECTRA
    I was just reading the shoot out/boat tests in the last issue of hot boat. Why don't they test the same length boats with the same motors and drives. That is a test. Not a 26 DCB with twin outboarts up against a 18' Carrera with a small block. Whats up!!!!

Boatjob
    I agree with you. Hot boat should test boats all of the same length, and somewhere near the same power. This way we could really see which out performs the others.

MrHavasuCat
    I think you would have a hard time finding the same length boats running the same power from different manufacturers. I can tell you from experience you will not find two many DCB'S running stock power.

Charley
    We'll I have always thought the only way to know who has the fastest bottom is to put a crate HP 500 in em and run em.... The problem is that DCB's 22 is lighter than HTM's 24 and Eliminator's 25 is lighter than DCB's 26 etc... how about
    American Offshore 26'
    Howards 26'
    DCB's 26'
    Firehawks 26'
    uhh...Forces's 26'
    biggest class of "Like" Boats all with HP 500's
    wait a sec...Screw all that.... then we would have definitive answers and we couldn't talk smack anymore, what fun would that be?lets just meet at op6cIII and argue about it., hehehe.

carreraboat
    Don't forget about carrera, but i do agree let all the manufactures bring there boat proped ready to go equal power simi-equal weight.
    my .02 worth

Fat Chance
    ...and they gotta keep the sponsors happy! Who wants to advertise in a mag that just gave 'em last in a shoot out???

Mach26man
    I agree lets line them up! H.P.500 vs H.P.500 25-27ft. cats. I think they are afraid of what the D.C.B. and the Howard would do to them. All those other boats are a dime a dozen.

deserteagle
    Your forgetting one cat thats been around for quite a while. And if it wasnt for the DAYTONA what else would dave used as a model for your mach machman. Dime a dozen? whatever bro.

DMB
    Afraid of a Howard and a DCB pleeeeassse!!!!
    Race your ass!

playdeep
    LETS see, Talon original,copys,aka we splashed and made it better,Howard,American offshore,Firehawk,same as above w/euro swimstep,Magic,Commander,Conquest.Original Eliminator Daytona copy DCB (albeit rigged better).Just ask Ron Ehde.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast