Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCB, Hands down, THE BEST

Charley
    sorry for the double post in the ***boat section but for my fellow Cat Buddies........ here is the story.... most of you know that my Mach 26 was stolen a few weeks back...most of you know that I was under insured, in fact, my insured value was only 75k, not nearly enough to replace the boat I had built, and upgraded over the last 18 months up until it was stolen. I thought, like most of you thought... that the fact that the boat was stolen from DCB, while in thier care, that DCB's insurance would foot the bill. Check it out guys and BEWARE.... California law states that if the shop owner takes prudent precautions (locking his fence) then he is NOT liable for the theft, nor is his insurance. This is NOT Daves fault, it's the LAW.....along with me, Dave has been pissed at his own agent about this situation for almost 2 weeks when it first started looking like DCB's insurance wasn't gonna pay... So here is where the good part comes in.... DAVE is going to take my 75k and my old boat (he is going to use it to make the plug for his deck boat coming out next year) and he is going to make me my dream boat an F-29 with Twin extreme outdrives.... I need to give him twin Marinized small blocks at my cost... and he will hand me the boat fully put together!!!! I need to add that this isn't a stripped down model... it has almost $40k retail in upgrades on the boat, it's my dream boat, I told Dave what I wanted and he didn't skimp!.......Dave Faxed me this deal in writing today and I am SO BLOWN AWAY by the fact that this boat company owner is willing to "DO THE RIGHT THING" on his own, with his own time and money and without the support of his own insurance company. The guy is the REAL DEAL with a lot of class, and who recognized a wrong and made it right. Jennifer and I are very very greatful to DAVE at DCB... wow! Thank you BIG TIME DAVE!!! now when will it be ready?>hehehe

Donnie
    Thats great Charley....I think I'm jealous wink
    Lets see, you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose Dave's the man!!!
    My next boat will be a DCB deck boat
    When the new boat going to be done?
    Donnie

Tee
    Thats great Charley - I am jealous as hell.
    Did you say "small blocks"? Damn, three years ago when I started talking about running a small block in my 22, everyone told me I was nuts. Now a bunch of you guys are jumping in to SBC territory
    Graphics, show us the new graphic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Laters--------T

Reaper1
    That's good news Charlie! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Dave's a stand up guy to help you out like this. You must have good Karma

Charley
    Donnie:
    Thats great Charley....I think I'm jealous wink
    Lets see, you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose Dave's the man!!!
    My next boat will be a DCB deck boat
    When the new boat going to be done?
    DonnieI know Dave was hoping to have it out next year but who knows when.... The F-29 Plug is all but completed so give him a month or two and hopefully, he will get started on that deck boat.... I know he has ALOT of people that want one, might be a good idea to just touch bases with him now and get in the front of the list, I mean just give him yer # and tell him to stay in touch when the project gets closer... Good luck Donnie, ...how is your boat running? any trips coming up? we are going to try to hook up with Chuck on the weekend of the 21rst-22nd
    [ September 10, 2002, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

25Elmn8r
    WOW! That is an outstanding deal Charley.
    Way to go Dave!!!!

pleasantcat
    WOW!!! talk about a great manufactur !! im happy to hear your coming out of this ok charley. to go from a totally cruddy situation to having this happen is awesome.
    not to dwell on the bad but, did they ever come up with the dirtbags that took your quadrotor motor??

Charley
    pleasantcat:
    WOW!!! talk about a great manufactur !! im happy to hear your coming out of this ok charley. to go from a totally cruddy situation to having this happen is awesome.
    not to dwell on the bad but, did they ever come up with the dirtbags that took your quadrotor motor??Not yet but I do get the feeling that the police and detectives are making some progress....I was doing a little snooping myself but I'm backing off now.....bottom line is I have a family and I don't wanna get my little ass in trouble by snooping in the wrong part of town eek!

24ROD
    Charley, Big time congrats!!!!!!!!! Very glad to hear it worked out for you. Dave is the man no dought, with the way he came through for you. I love happy endings. wink
    -Carlos

Donnie
    Hey Charley,
    Talked to Chuck today and I think we are going to plan a trip over to see Dave,I would like to meet him and see his shop.
    The boats running good with the exception of the damn fuel pump,I keep burning them up.Bergeron said it needs a return line so I guess its back to the shop Damn Blower motors
    Looks like Janice has to work the weekend of the 21st...who knows maybe I can sneak out for the weekend (shut up Craig wink )
    Are ya having fun with your boy and is he going to be at Havasu with you guys?
    Like to meet him
    Donnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast