Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the Rub?

beyondhelpin
    Rubrail that is! Anybody have a good cleaner for a white rubrail? Mine is not looking good and its starting to piss me off! It has a kind of orangeish looking stain on some part.

phebus
    I used polishing compound on mine, and they came out great. No efffort, just lightly applied it.

Boatcop
    Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
    Makes it look good as new.

Flying Tiger
    If all fails,, I carefully, soberly,, and with caution use acetone on rubber .plastic or neoprene rub rails.
    It takes out shallow scratches too.
    But extreme caution!!!
    Acetone and gelcoat are like Anodizing and gasoline.
    Never the two should meet.

beyondhelpin
    Cool I will try in the morning before leaving for the H2O. Thanks, Any other Ideas? I dont think these stains are going to give up easily!

UHHH SUCKA
    I used Goof Off in the spray can. It worked excellent. If you are going to use the acetone be EXTREMELY carefull. I had an employee do that and and it messed up the rail.

shadow
    Cool I will try in the morning before leaving for the H2O. Thanks, Any other Ideas? I dont think these stains are going to give up easily!
    Soft scrub with bleachworks great also works well on the stitching on the uhpolstrey use soft scurb with bleach and a tooth brush on the stitching.

voodoomedman
    Rubrail that is! Anybody have a good cleaner for a white rubrail? Mine is not looking good and its starting to piss me off! It has a kind of orangeish looking stain on some part.
    I was going to give you a suggestion but your beyondhelpin.

beyondhelpin
    I was going to give you a suggestion but your beyondhelpin.

MOBrien
    ditto on the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser call. My white rail was lookin pretty bad until I hit it with a few of those (they disolve). Got around the entire boat in about 10 minutes with 2 or 3 of them and some warm water. Looked like new, no other cleaner was necessary it was so easy....just the pad and water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast