Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deck Recommendations

rsr
    Need new cd deck for the boat - looking for something nice, high quality, decent built in power, ability to add amps or subs later. Will be running 4-6.5's for now, possibly upgrade later. Any recommendations appreciated. Also any leads to good shops in orange county or riverside areas. Thanks in advance.

ROZ
    I believe that one of the best decks for the money (retail or not) is Alpine's CDA9827.... No Marine remote though...
    It you want a good deck with all the bells and wistles, look at almost anything Pioneer Premier with the steeringwheel remote option. Pioneer makes a marine remote that plugs into it...
    just my .02

rsr
    Thanks Roz - is that alpine a marine deck? One shop guy tried to lead me away from the marine decks (probably because he didn't have any in stock) - while I tend to think the marine is the way to go? What's the popular opinion?

ROZ
    No marine decks by alpine.... If you want a Marine deck, look no further than a Clarion XMD3....
    Popular opinion use to be Sony car deck with a changer(12 sec memory for antiskip memory) and a marine LCD remote, but there are a lot of peeps who use std decks from other mfg's...

rsr
    Roz - thanks for the info - how much does the alpine go for? What do you think about sony's? Some have said they have gone down hill lately - any thoughts yourself?

riverbound
    We started using the MQ Quart marine deck and have been very happy with it so far. It is one of the better sounding radios out there. It also is capable of adding wired remotes and a changer plus it has an aux. input to add Ipod or other audio sources.

ROZ
    We started using the MQ Quart marine deck and have been very happy with it so far. It is one of the better sounding radios out there. It also is capable of adding wired remotes and a changer plus it has an aux. input to add Ipod or other audio sources.
    I kept an eye out for that deck for 2 years after speaking to someone over there who forarded me the specs. It looked quite impressive, but have always wondered if it would have the same problems as the fosgate decks... Of the couple people I know who have them, they are less than satisfied: However, It is that way with all electronics... Glad to hear the deck works out for you...
    It would be nice if Alpine made a wired marine remote. That way a person could use the KCA420I with any CDA model to control his IPOD from the headunit while underway...
    I finally got an IPOD for xmas (thanks honey) and plan to make h/u changes in all my vehcles

riverbound
    I kept an eye out for that deck for 2 years after speaking to someone over there who forarded me the specs. It looked quite impressive, but have always wondered if it would have the same problems as the fosgate decks... Of the couple people I know who have them, they are less than satisfied: However, It is that way with all electronics... Glad to hear the deck works out for you...
    It would be nice if Alpine made a wired marine remote. That way a person could use the KCA420I with any CDA model to control his IPOD from the headunit while underway...
    I finally got an IPOD for xmas (thanks honey) and plan to make h/u changes in all my vehcles
    You will love the ipod, I just finished downloading all my cds to mine and already have my river mix ready for the summer. since I have gotten my ipod I dont even use anything else including XM.

phebus
    How do you hard wire an IPOD into an Alpine head unit. I have a disc hanger and xm coming off of it already. Is there a way to splt off the cd changer, or what?

ROZ
    You will love the ipod, I just finished downloading all my cds to mine and already have my river mix ready for the summer. since I have gotten my ipod I dont even use anything else including XM.
    Funny, I was up until 2am last night loading cd's to itunes on my computer..... Still have a looong way to go :frown:
    Do you use the 420i?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast