Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking alcohol & boating.

HCS
    Time to maintain.
    (Not that I personally have for the most part, in the past kept a level head.)
    I drink and will drink less alcohol while boating.
    In my life time as a boater, we, as in boating freinds, used to pack the boat
    with beer. Then hit the water and drink away.
    It was typical for me to down a 12 pack of beer during the day.
    We would water ski, drink and party all day.
    Those days were a blast!
    To be honest though. I'm amazed we never had an accident.
    I think back when I use to boat with freinds in the late 70's, it's amazing we
    never had a major accident.
    The biggest thing back then I guess, is that boaters where a smaller crowd.
    You didn't have everyone and their cousin on the water.
    BUI laws carry the same penalty as DUI's.
    I know. It's been that way for couple years now in California.
    But, as the pilot of my boat, I've been reducing my beer consumption when I go boating for the day.
    So for the most part, do you?

clownpuncher
    as the pilot of my boat, I've been reducing my beer consumption when I go boating for the day.
    So for the most part, do you?
    Always maintain. I've got too many innocent souls on board, and around me, to be irresponsible. Drinking gets done at the end of the day. Not to say I won't have a beer every two to three hours, but, for the most part it's Gatorade and water.
    It's really funny to watch all teh other folks get drunk when I'm sober
    I think this (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116323) kinda goes along with getting older and wiser

Hardly Satisfied
    I drink , the wife drives :rollside:

Daytona100
    To much liability to drink and boat. Insureance is high enough with a clean record. If I got popped for a dui id have to sell the boat. For me I feel a lot better more alert sober. After the boats put away and were safe and sound back at the hotel its time to kickback relax and pound a few. We dont even keep alchohol on the boat eliminates the temptation.

Wake Havasu
    Always maintain. I've got too many innocent souls on board, and around me, to be irresponsible. Drinking gets done at the end of the day. Not to say I won't have a beer every two to three hours, but, for the most part it's Gatorade and water.
    It's really funny to watch all teh other folks get drunk when I'm sober
    I think this (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116323) kinda goes along with getting older and wiser
    Amen.
    Same here. I am the captain and responsible for usually little kids.
    They rely on me.
    Not a drop on the boat.

24ROD
    I drive my son drinks. My son drives I drink.

Sleek-Jet
    I'll have a beer with lunch or while we're just floating around during the day... maybe 3 beers tops for the whole day. Unless I'm not driving, then... woohoo!!!
    Of course, I've been out and the DD has gotten tanked. That's fun. :220v:

Itsahobby
    I seldom, even, have a beer if I am driving. I choose to wait until I get back to the campground.
    Hobby

SummerBreeze
    I might have a few beers the whole day. But it's best for me to drink water and gaterade.
    The last thing I want is a boating problem.

Not So Fast
    If you want another deterent then listen here. My bro-in law just got popped for being drunk, way drunk .268. here is how it went. Arrested and taken to jail as is, in trunks only, posted bail the next day. Not to make this too long I'll just say that he has finally had his day in court and so far the $$ outlay has been close to $10,000. This does not reflect what his insurance will cost him for the next 7 years or the fact that he lost his company truck and has to provide his own (we all know the price of a truck right). OH YEAH did I mention the 10 days in jail he still has to serve, they are nice about that though and let you spend it in a jail of your choice, of course you lose your pay check for that time.
    Sure has made me think about drinking and boating, mybe a couple during the course of the day but thats it. OH yeah I forgot, he was arrested at the ramp, his boat was ransacked at the beach by the Turtle, stole his wallet. JUST NOT WORTH IT :frown: NSF

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast