Thread: A Special "Thank You" to our Armed Forces!

Keith E. Sayre
    As I walked into the Las Vegas Mc Carran Airport about 3 oclock December 23rd to pick up my kids I noticed something very different. In addition to the
    normal rumble of the airport and the people hurrying around, there was a line of people going up one of the escalators and the other one was empty. I
    was running a bit late and intended to run for the empty one when I noticed
    that there were two heavily armed soldiers standing at the bottom of the
    crowded one and the reason that everyone was going up this one was so that they could say Merry Christmas to these two. When I got to the bottom of the escalator and I approached them I couldn't say a word. I
    looked into their eyes and nodded. That's all I could muster up at the moment. They nodded back and said Merry Christmas sir.
    When I took my kids back yesterday, we rode up one of the parking lot elevators with 2 soldiers and I said, "thank you for being here" and they
    grinned and said "you're welcome sir".
    Maybe it's just me and a special time of year but I hope these kids understand that we do appreciate them and love and miss them.
    Keith Sayre

My Man's Sportin' Wood

OutCole'd
    How many times can it be said? Keith, you're a class act.
    Very well said, I saw them there Sunday afternoon, and it put a lump in my throat.

Garrddogg
    Here Here!

MR HARLEY
    God Bless them all !!!

HocusPocus
    i know first hand some of the sacrifices these men and women are making and how important it is to let them know its appreciated. these soldiers are away from their homes, families and friends, it can be very lonely around the holidays especially.

Schiada76
    Go to "Operation Military Pride" and ask for an address for someone in Iraq or Afghanistan. Send them a letter or better yet a care package. They reall appreciate it.

MR HARLEY
    Go to "Operation Military Pride" and ask for an address for someone in Iraq or Afghanistan. Send them a letter or better yet a care package. They reall appreciate it.
    I think Ill do that, thanks for the info!