Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday help

Tony Davis
    Hi guys, I'm currently planning a holiday with my wife to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Lake Havasu, and we're thinking of adding 1 night in the Grand Canyon. A friend has told me about a hotel there that has a glass walkway out over the canyon, but he doesn't know the name, any ideas?
    We're also thinking of 4 nights at the nautical inn at Havasu, good or bad, or any other reccommendations!

No Name
    Hi guys, I'm currently planning a holiday with my wife to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Lake Havasu, and we're thinking of adding 1 night in the Grand Canyon. A friend has told me about a hotel there that has a glass walkway out over the canyon, but he doesn't know the name, any ideas?
    We're also thinking of 4 nights at the nautical inn at Havasu, good or bad, or any other reccommendations!
    This is the skywalk, don't know if I would have the nerve to walk it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...87CIMG0655.JPG
    August 26, 2005—Fear of heights? This is definitely no place for you.
    The all-glass, balcony-like "Skywalk"--shown in an illustration released this week--will extend over the edge of the Grand Canyon, 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the Colorado River.
    "The Skywalk will be an attraction unlike any other in the world," said Sheri Yellowhawk, CEO of the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation. The company is building the bridge in the Hualapai Indian Reservation on the south rim of the canyon.
    The Skywalk is scheduled to open to the public in January 2006 as part of a new resort on the reservation. The resort, known as Grand Canyon West, is to include a re-created Indian village and a restaurant perched on the edge of the canyon. Tourism is the reservation's biggest source of income.
    Grand Canyon West will be on the western edge of Grand Canyon National Park, about 120 miles (about 200 kilometers) from Las Vegas. But perhaps not even the Las Vegas Strip's over-the-top attractions will be a match for this glass-bottom walkway over the world's biggest gorge.

JetBoatRich
    Did the sky walk open up? That looks like a nice view

No Name
    Did the sky walk open up? That looks like a nice view
    I think it opened in January of this year.

JetBoatRich
    The posting said it was scheduled to open, looks pretty cool

MadPoodle
    Doesnt appear to be open yet?? (http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html#)

bchbum
    Did it fall thourgh ?

Boy Named Sue
    Watch out for the mule tidings.

FMluvswater
    This is the skywalk, don't know if I would have the nerve to walk it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...87CIMG0655.JPG
    August 26, 2005—Fear of heights? This is definitely no place for you.
    The all-glass, balcony-like "Skywalk"--shown in an illustration released this week--will extend over the edge of the Grand Canyon, 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the Colorado River.
    "The Skywalk will be an attraction unlike any other in the world," said Sheri Yellowhawk, CEO of the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation. The company is building the bridge in the Hualapai Indian Reservation on the south rim of the canyon.
    The Skywalk is scheduled to open to the public in January 2006 as part of a new resort on the reservation. The resort, known as Grand Canyon West, is to include a re-created Indian village and a restaurant perched on the edge of the canyon. Tourism is the reservation's biggest source of income.
    Grand Canyon West will be on the western edge of Grand Canyon National Park, about 120 miles (about 200 kilometers) from Las Vegas. But perhaps not even the Las Vegas Strip's over-the-top attractions will be a match for this glass-bottom walkway over the world's biggest gorge.
    They charge a fee to walk that? I couldn't be paid enough money to walk that. :2purples:

Devil's Advocate
    Did it fall thourgh ?
    Yikes! Scary choice of words. :220v: I think I'll wait till it's good and ready and not be one of the first to get on that thing. Looks incredible though :supp:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast