Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Human Resources Question, Holidays

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Me too. I'm not too concerned about the day off. I can take a vacation day if I want it off. However, this is about the principle (sp?). The company made a handbook and the employees are supposed to abide by it. The company should also abide by the handbook. I can pretty much guarantee you if I went around and grabbed every female's a$$, I would be fired for sexual harrasment because the handbook says we don't tolerate sexual harrasment. The company needs to abide by the handbook 100% or it needs to be thrown away. The company should not be able to do whatever it wants when it wants.
    I am an HR Manager and if our manual read as your does, I would be paying everyone for sunday. :rollside:

Riverbums1
    OUr handbook reads Paid Holiday for Christmas Day and New Years Day.....but if either fall on a Sat. we get Friday off as a paid day and if it falls on Sunday we get Monday off........we don't work weekends ever.........so I feel that management would still have to Pay an extra 8 hrs for Sunday for both Christmas and New YeARS Day because the manual says you get paid for Christmas Day and New YeARS Day............

NorCal Gameshow
    I am an HR Manager and if our manual read as your does, I would be paying everyone for sunday. :rollside:
    the memo said no day off, did it say no pay?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12