Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1500 vs. 2500

riverroyal
    But you don't get the distance out of gas as you do with diesel
    no one ever keeps there vehicles long enough to make longevity a issue,,,did I spell that right?...Mine does do good on hills.It drops to around 45mph and thats it,but thats on the hill coming home from glamis on the I-8,its kinda big

hoolign
    no one ever keeps there vehicles long enough to make longevity a issue,,,did I spell that right?...Mine does do good on hills.It drops to around 45mph and thats it,but thats on the hill coming home from glamis on the I-8,its kinda big
    I mean distance out of a tank full.

riverroyal
    I mean distance out of a tank full.
    I dont get to great of milage while towing.But just driving at 75 to havasu I do real well

desertbird
    I'm shopping too, and of course, Jay has been more than instrumental in helping me put my package together.
    I'm buying the Big Block. I love the 496 (8.1) in the boat, so why not match the truck.
    The 8.1L costs $950 for the upgrade, and I think we all know the 6.0L would never cut the mustard. For $6K deisel option and the price of diesel, do you really think your going to save money with the mileage?
    I doubt it.

hoolign
    I dont get to great of milage while towing.But just driving at 75 to havasu I do real well
    I get the same milage pulling my 34 foot fifth wheel in my diesel, as I did in the empty gas 2500..so diesel makes more sence to me

hoolign
    I'm shopping too, and of course, Jay has been more than instrumental in helping me put my package together.
    I'm buying the Big Block. I love the 496 (8.1) in the boat, so why not match the truck.
    The 8.1L costs $950 for the upgrade, and I think we all know the 6.0L would never cut the mustard. For $6K deisel option and the price of diesel, do you really think your going to save money with the mileage?
    I doubt it.
    not to mention that the 6.0 is the biggest piece of shit to come out of a chev plant! well they were in 02 anyways! ratteling piece of garbage!

riverroyal
    I get the same milage pulling my 34 foot fifth wheel in my diesel, as I did in the empty gas 2500..so diesel makes more sence to me
    around 7 or 8mpg towing my 37 at around 65mph.

Big Warlock
    is pretty good with the 2500 Chevy. I have the 8.1 gas engine. I get 9 mpg towing a 29 foot Warlock (really a 29). And, when I am not towing, I get 9 mpg there too. So very consistent engine.
    But it tows great! I have a 40 gallon tank and all the nice stuff you can ask for inside. Go with the 3/4 ton minimum. The suspension is worth it.
    Then buy a KIA or something for mileage. :rollside:

hoolign
    is pretty good with the 2500 Chevy. I have the 8.1 gas engine. I get 9 mpg towing a 29 foot Warlock (really a 29). And, when I am not towing, I get 9 mpg there too. So very consistent engine.
    But it tows great! I have a 40 gallon tank and all the nice stuff you can ask for inside. Go with the 3/4 ton minimum. The suspension is worth it.
    Then buy a KIA or something for mileage. :rollside:
    You get the "exact" same milage towing or not??
    you got a super truck!

BarryMac
    Before I bought my 01 gasser I did a shitload of research, I was thinking that I wanted the 6.0 to save gas but when it came right down to it the difference between the two was less then 2mpg. Another thing to consider is the amount of weight you can tow between the two motors, if memory serves me right the BigBlock can haul about 3,000lbs more and has the Alison Trans...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast