Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat / Lean Question

GofastRacer
    As always Art says it plain and simple, however, you also have to consider the "corrected" altitude. Elevation is only a minor factor when figuring jets, be it injected or carbed. The volumetric air pressure is what changes in elevation differences, but, high/low pressure fronts moving through an area can have tremendous effects on that pressure, hense the term "corrected' altitude. You also have to factor in temperature and humidity. In order to accurately calculate your mixture you must have a baseline to work from. Without this data, it's a crap shoot until you "try" it. If you establish a base line at a given air density, then you can tune to the next air density you travel to, or the changes in density that occur in the same place as highs/lows move through. This applies in your own backyard, as well as where you may travel to........MP
    Still amounts to same shit though don't it!, LOL...

Sleek-Jet
    Leaving everything alone, the engine will run leaner the lower you go (more oxygen to fuel)... so, you might need to fatten it up a little as you go down hill. How much depends on the conditions, like Moneypitt said.

AzMandella
    According to my Web Search Sacramento is only 25 ft above sea level.So the only difference you need to worry about is Temp and humidity which correlates to air density.My suggestion would be to put some new plugs in gapped properly and go out and make a pass and shut it down immediatly and while your floating pull a plug.Look for the burn mark not just the color.The closer to the bend in the electrode(lean) the closer to the first thread(rich).If you really want to be fat get the burn mark to be just above the first thread.

AzMandella
    Depends on the elevation between the two places, high elevation=leaner, low elevation=richer!..
    Actually Art to the average person it does look like you have it backwards depending on how you read it.What I'm saying is you could read into it two ways :argue: .Besides smoking pantyhose tastes like shit from what I've heard. :rollside:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12