Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: diamond plate

marty722
    what is the best way to cut diamond plate? Jigsaw? Thanks

Taylorman
    How thick is it. I just build a rail kit for my boat and did alot of cutting aluminum. My dad has a craftsman band saw and it cut 3/8 alum like butter.

marty722
    is .045 I think a jigsaw should do it.What do you think? Do I need a special blade for it? Thanks again

502 JET
    I have tried the jig saw and could not stop it from clogging the blade.I have used a Dewalt cordless saw with a carbide metal cutting blade and ripped 4 ft of 3/16 aluminum plate no problem.If you only have a small cut you could try and lube the blade on the jig saw it may keep it from loading up.

GofastRacer
    Jig Saws suck big time but if you don't have anything else it will work, just be prepared to go thru a bunch of blades and spend a lot of time making a cut because it is slow and it don't matter what kind of lube you use either, a band saw is the way to go if you have access to one!..

marty722
    I can order .024 or .045. Which thickness would be better. I'm going to use it on the steps on my trailer. Also what can I use to make it stick? Thanks again for your thoughts.

xs ultra
    Also what can I use to make it stick? Thanks again for your thoughts.
    My step plate were silicone in place from the mfg. I had to take off two and repaint around the plate area because of rust.I used alum pop rivets to hold in place.

502 JET
    I can order .024 or .045. Which thickness would be better. I'm going to use it on the steps on my trailer. Also what can I use to make it stick? Thanks again for your thoughts.
    I would go with the thicker stuff the .024 is like tin foil.
    You can use stainless rivets to attach it.

marty722
    I think I'll go with the thicker stuff also. Thanks again for your input.

jbone
    I cut some diamond plate with my jigsaw. When I was done, it went in the trash. It was a cheapie, but the diamond plate did it in for some reason.
    The regular metal cutting blade did not clog up for me as others have mentioned.
    J

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast