Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Such A Thing...

SHIFTY
    As A Pump Extension? Similar To A Snoot, But Has A Flange At Each End? If Someone Wanted To Extend The Space From The Bowl, To The Droop Snoot By 3-4 Inches, But Still Has The Eight Hole Flange On The Aft End To Be Able To Bolt The Droop To?

victorfb
    yep... i believe Toddnjuzz ran one last season, or was that the season before?

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    here comes the first dumb question...
    what purpose would this serve? being able to get the boat more out of the water/better control?

SHIFTY
    HERE IS MY PUMP SETUP.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/1873PUI.jpg
    WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO, IS LEAVE THE TURNBUCKLE SYSTEM, WITHOUT GOING TO THE CRADLE SETUP. BUT, I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO RUN WEDGES. I CAN't RUN MORE THAN A TWO DEGREE WEDGE RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE IT THROWS THE ANGLE OF THE TURNBUCKLES SO FAR OFF, THEY WON't GO BACK TOGETHER AT THE RIDE PLATE. SO I WAS THINKING (MAJOR MISTAKE) THAT IF I COULD RUN A 'SPACER' THAT IS FLANGED AT BOTH ENDS, I COULD LEAVE THE SYSTEM AS IS, PUT WEDGES ON THE AFT SIDE OF THE 'SPACER', THEN BOLT THE DROOP ONTO THAT. I KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO EXTEND MY STEERING ARM, BUT I PLAN ON TURNING IT AROUND ANYWAY.

SHIFTY
    here comes the first dumb question...
    what purpose would this serve? being able to get the boat more out of the water/better control?
    THIS PURPOSE.
    http://www.pokerrunswest.com/galleri...4p2/64_std.jpg

THIS PURPOSE.
    http://www.pokerrunswest.com/galleri...4p2/64_std.jpg
    I dont think you'll do it :idea:

SHIFTY
    FORGET TOP SPEED NUMBERS, AS I'm NOT THAT CONCERNED ABOUT IT AT THIS POINT... BUT IS THIS AN UNSAFE IDEA? I FIGURE THAT IF I AM ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS SETUP, I CAN GO FROM SHOW-OFF MODE, TO TOP SPEED MODE BY SIMPLY TAKING OFF THE EXTENSION PIECE AND WEDGES...

FORGET TOP SPEED NUMBERS, AS I'm NOT THAT CONCERNED ABOUT IT AT THIS POINT... BUT IS THIS AN UNSAFE IDEA? I FIGURE THAT IF I AM ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS SETUP, I CAN GO FROM SHOW-OFF MODE, TO TOP SPEED MODE BY SIMPLY TAKING OFF THE EXTENSION PIECE AND WEDGES...
    You should see what rivertard did . He's got the show and the go .
    -beerjet-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast