Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day on mead

vmjtc3
    Due to high winds 50 stranded boats as well as 28 swimmers had to be rescued from lake mead. There were 2 death's , one a 7 year old girl who was floating off of boulder beach on a pool raft with no life jacket on. The other was reported to be a 21 year old man. Please everyone lets be safe out there for the rest of the weekend.

RitcheyRch
    Extremely sad day.
    Due to high winds 50 stranded boats as well as 28 swimmers had to be rescued from lake mead. There were 2 death's , one a 7 year old girl who was floating off of boulder beach on a pool raft with no life jacket on. The other was reported to be a 21 year old man. Please everyone lets be safe out there for the rest of the weekend.

laveydayz
    Just got back lastnight from Mead. We went out Friday and by about 1pm it was so windy and rough we pulled the boat out. Saturday morning the wind was already at 30+mph. We saw all these people in smaller boats heading to the ramp and I could not believe they were going to go out and try it. We have been going to Mead for 20+ yrs and know that when the wind is howling like it was you do not wanna be out there. We decided to come home early and salvage the rest of the weekend at home!! Wow what a beautifull Sunday mroning in So Cal!! Very sad that people went out Saturday and took that risk that proved fatal for a few! God bless them.

AirtimeLavey
    More sad news. People just have to know the limits. It's tough to plan a trip out there, make the effort, then make the tough decision against going out in bad conditions. I've made the bad decision, and pushed it before. Fortunately, nothing really bad happened. Never again.

I do a house boat trip every year and the last one was the worst with the huge swells and winds and an 18 jet . I dropped my wife off at a beach before I headed for the marina (where it was the worst) to get gas ! Very unfortunate for those who did not make it.
    -beerjet-

Jyruiz
    Very sad news, God bless the unfortunate.

vmjtc3
    More sad news. People just have to know the limits. It's tough to plan a trip out there, make the effort, then make the tough decision against going out in bad conditions. I've made the bad decision, and pushed it before. Fortunately, nothing really bad happened. Never again.
    I agree, we worked hard all week to get ready for the weekend at the lake.
    I called the trip off on friday due to the noaa forcast. the lake will be still be out there next weekend.

lilrick
    proves once again why STUPID people shouldn't breed!! Darwinism at its finest, survival of the fittest.

a catered life
    I agree, we worked hard all week to get ready for the weekend at the lake.
    I called the trip off on friday due to the noaa forcast. the lake will be still be out there next weekend.
    this was one of the smartest post i have read in a long time
    :cry: so sad to hear about the little girl :cry: she lost her life due to another idiot not inforcing the rules......god bless all the survivors and our prayers got out the the families for thier losses :cry:

AzMandella
    Very sad.The parents of the girl should go to prison.There is no excuse for not making sure your child has a life vest on and to be keeping an eye on he or she.This is why I do not go out to the lakes or river on holiday weekends.It's to full of power drinkers,morons,and idiots.That's hoew I keep my children,wife,and myself alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast