Many of you have probably read some of my threads lately. I've been having one thing after another go wrong on me.
After replacing my carb with a brand new one... new Pertronix ignition conversion, all new igntion wiring, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, good gas, new plugs etc..... I'm still having problems.
Basically.... my boat starts up fairly easy. Once I get it going it sounds great... rev's great, idles just fine etc. My plugs are bright white and the engine sounds great.
Here's where the problem begins. I can give the engine a good push of the throttle and it sounds amazing. I can get the boat up to about 4,000 rpms roughly and once it get's to 4,000 rpm's the boat just bogs out.... sounds like the engine is not getting fuel. If I keep it around 3800 or so it runs fairly well and I can stay on plane.
Is this screaming 'fuel pump'???
Can a fuel pump be bad but still allow the engine to start, run great when not under a big load, feed the engine but still cause problems in the higher rpm's??
I'm just freaking confused here because the engine honestly runs great at idle... the timing is right on.... good plugs, good ignition that was just rewired, brand new carb that seems to be operating properly.
It's just when I give it a lot of throttle and try to get the boat up on plane.... the thing just cuts out. The engine does die.... it just sounds like it's choking.
Help me!!