Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about Taylor Tunnels?

bigblockbill
    Anyone know how the 18 ft Taylor Tunnels are? Whats the layups like? I want a hull primarly for racing, but will survive the occasional lake use. Probably won't ever put enough power in it to run over 100, and maybe not even over 90.

IMPATIENT 1
    Anyone know how the 18 ft Taylor Tunnels are? Whats the layups like? I want a hull primarly for racing, but will survive the occasional lake use. Probably won't ever put enough power in it to run over 100, and maybe not even over 90.
    TAYLOR MAKES A TUNNEL HULL? IS IT LIKE A ELIMINATOR STYLE?

Taylorman
    Its not the Taylor made by Oscar Taylor. There was a thread a while back on this topic. Duane at Hi tech said oscar taylor never made a tunnel. Im not sure what the outcome was but i do remember him saying it was not a Taylor made by Oscar.

IMPATIENT 1
    Its not the Taylor made by Oscar Taylor. There was a thread a while back on this topic. Duane at Hi tech said oscar taylor never made a tunnel. Im not sure what the outcome was but i do remember him saying it was not a Taylor made by Oscar.
    HELL T-MAN ,I WAS FIXIN TO ADD ANOTHER TAYLOR TO THE FAMILY!LOL
    I WANT A TUNNEL HULL!!!!! :cry:

Hipshot
    There were two Taylor boat companies. The Taylor boats that are so commonly found in the midwest were built in Oklahoma, the Taylor tunnels were built by a different Taylor boat company that was in California, they also built a daycruiser that looked like the Biesmeyer 21ft daycruiser jet.

Taylorman
    HELL T-MAN ,I WAS FIXIN TO ADD ANOTHER TAYLOR TO THE FAMILY!LOL
    I WANT A TUNNEL HULL!!!!! :cry:
    Me to. I would love a Cheyenne from HTP with a blower motor.

IMPATIENT 1
    i see the taylor tunnel he's interested in on ebay. it's in waco tx. @ 150miles from me.2000.00 buy it now with bbf,interior and pump included. it's a neat boat just looks like it would be squirrelly on the top end speeds.somebody here needs to buy it so we can see some performance numbers.buyer says only 12 built.you could part that thing out for 2500.00.

bigblockbill
    ya the 12 built part is what scares me... my fear is its a heavy boat, and does not perform very well.
    What I would really like to find is a gull wing type hull out there somewhere.

1 fast okie
    taylor boats in oklahoma did build a tunnel but not to many the 12 might be right. there was a pic and story in hot boat a few years ago and i also met a guy from texas at a race the had a yellow/brown one last year. thats all i know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast