Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about Taylor Tunnels?

Duane HTP
    Taylor boats of Cushing OK did build three tunnel boats. I sold all three of them. They were actually made out of the Youngblood 18' mold that Ervin capps of Condor had been using. That was right around 1991. That's the only tunnel boats that were ever built by the Oklahoma company.

Duane HTP
    Me to. I would love a Cheyenne from HTP with a blower motor.
    Hey, step right up. I've got a new yellow one coming in, in the next two or three weeks that is not sold yet. I can fix you right up. I also have a new 2006 Tom Papp Racing Stealth 19' Carbon Fiber hull in stock if anyone might be interested.

bigblockbill
    Taylor boats of Cushing OK did build three tunnel boats. I sold all three of them. They were actually made out of the Youngblood 18' mold that Ervin capps of Condor had been using. That was right around 1991. That's the only tunnel boats that were ever built by the Oklahoma company.
    This one is 10 years older than that, so it does not sound like this is one of the Youngblood molds.

Devilman
    That bottom picture looks the same as a Stoker, with those squared off tunnels.... But the top picture would lead you to believe thats on eheavy bastard!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hey, step right up. I've got a new yellow one coming in, in the next two or three weeks that is not sold yet. I can fix you right up. I also have a new 2006 Tom Papp Racing Stealth 19' Carbon Fiber hull in stock if anyone might be interested.
    Aww come on duane, I dont need to be flying to your shop because if I do then I will be leaving with one Stop teasing me

Jeanyus
    I think they are called tunnel bottoms. This one is an 1982 Bahner.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...boatbottom.jpg
    Southwind tunnel dragsters have a simular bottom, and I think they would be considered heavy. The one I have seen are pretty fast.
    They are supposed to handle better at high speeds than a V bottom. V bottoms can rock from side to side at high speeds, if the rock to one side too much it will catch an edge and make a sharp turn, tossing everyone out.
    I got mine from e-bay, but wish I would have spent more money and got a gullwing, or true tunnel hull.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...5985bahner.jpg

Hipshot
    originally posted by bigblockbill
    This one is 10 years older than that, so it does not sound like this is one of the Youngblood molds.
    The three tunnels that Duane said were built in Oklahoma would have looked nothing like the boat in your pictures if it was built from a Youngblood 18ft tunnel mold. The Youngblood 18ft tunnels were VERY low freeboard pickleforks and everyone I have ever seen was pretty light weight, mine sure was. They were very quick and didn't take much power to make them go. Correct me if I'm wrong Duane.

Squirtin Thunder
    The three tunnels that Duane said were built in Oklahoma would have looked nothing like the boat in your pictures if it was built from a Youngblood 18ft tunnel mold. The Youngblood 18ft tunnels were VERY low freeboard pickleforks and everyone I have ever seen was pretty light weight, mine sure was. They were very quick and didn't take much power to make them go. Correct me if I'm wrong Duane.
    Sounds like you have been docking a houseboat again.

Hipshot
    Wtf?????

atxwrangler
    there is a guy i know that has a taylor tunnel just like the bottom on the boat that is for sale.it is in victoria tx right now.it is supposed to be ONE of a kind.it is just like the one on ebay ,but,it has high sides on the back,like a 57 chevy.it is owned by a guy in oklahoma,named norman.it is a veyr heavy boat,but rides like a water cadillac.iimagine 55-60 witha stock 454 with the wind.there are some pics of it on texas***boats.com websight under jet fest 2003 or 2004.also under boatfest 2005.hope this helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast