Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plastic ?

TOBTEK
    Has anyone ever heard of lock tight atacking plastic? DCB wanted to charge me two hours labor to reassemble the cowlings , so I did it myself. Being freshly painted I didnt want to tighten the screws very tight and mess up the clear. BUT now the cowls are completly cracked up the back after 20 min of run time, and they are saying im on my own/not warrantyable. IM BLOWN AWAY that lock tight will do this! SO, if your using LOCK TIGHT keep it away from your 5000.00 worth of cowlings :cry:

Reaper1
    That sucks!
    How's she run?

riverbound
    Yes I ahve seen loc-tite react with plastic. Sorry to hear about your cowlings. Would DCB warranteed them if they would have put them on and had the same thing happen??
    I guess I would have spent the $$ and had them warranteed.

TOBTEK
    well, just read the ULTRA fine print on the bottle "CAUTION may have a reaction with use on injection molded plastics" that SUCKS! swung by DCB and Dave himself was back there cleaning out the damaged area, and trying to repair/reinforce the inside of the cowlings. anyone know what we could use to match the inside?

Charley
    well, just read the ULTRA fine print on the bottle "CAUTION may have a reaction with use on injection molded plastics" that SUCKS! swung by DCB and Dave himself was back there cleaning out the damaged area, and trying to repair/reinforce the inside of the cowlings. anyone know what we could use to match the inside?
    Hey I wonder if Peter from Skater would consider such an action for a customer!! sorry im fiesty today

Jordy
    SO, if your using LOCK TIGHT keep it away from your 5000.00 worth of cowlings :cry:
    So you have $5000 worth of cowlings...
    DCB wanted to charge me two hours labor to reassemble the cowlings
    and didn't want to spend 2 hours to have them be someone elses problems??? Dammit son, that's called tripping over dollars to save dimes.
    That does suck Toby. Hope they can work some DCB magic with them and make them look good. Perhaps something in billet will do the trick?

MR HARLEY
    Daves a good guy Sorry to hear about the cowlings :frown:

TOBTEK
    So you have $5000 worth of cowlings...
    and didn't want to spend 2 hours to have them be someone elses problems??? Dammit son, that's called tripping over dollars to save dimes.
    That does suck Toby. Hope they can work some DCB magic with them and make them look good. Perhaps something in billet will do the trick?
    I hear ya on that one jordy! Lesson learned!!! Funny you say billet, Dave wants to make a trick billet support to cover and support the damaged area we will see

Jordy
    Funny you say billet, Dave wants to make a trick billet support to cover and support the damaged area we will see
    Imagine that. My ESPN must really be kickin' in today.

Charley
    Imagine that. My ESPN must really be kickin' in today.
    Your ESPN???
    can you tell me who is gonna win the rose bowl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast