Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Fans

Red Eye
    Finally.... It looks like Norv Turner has pulled his head out and is going to start Tui against the Jets. Who knows, this may be what we needed. Either way, they can't get any worse.
    Turner leans toward Tuiasosopo as starter
    Story Tools: Print Email
    Associated Press
    Posted: 19 hours ago
    ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Marques Tuiasosopo probably will get his shot as Oakland's starting quarterback this week.
    Coach Norv Turner is leaning towards demoting the struggling Kerry Collins and plans to make his final decision before the Raiders take the practice field Wednesday to prepare for the lowly New York Jets - though it sure seems Turner has all but made up his mind.
    The coach already spoke to Collins about the potential change for Sunday's road game.
    "I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't something we're considering strongly," Turner said Monday on the heels of the Raiders' second straight defeat and fourth loss in five games, 34-10 at San Diego.
    "We're going to look at the quarterback situation and say, 'Hey, is it time to look at Tui?' With his mobility, would that help us?"
    The 26-year-old Tuiasosopo has been a backup since the Raiders drafted him out of Washington in 2001. He started one game in 2003 in place of injured 2002 MVP Rich Gannon, but hurt his knee during Oakland's third offensive series on a hard hit by Boss Bailey in a 23-13 loss at Detroit and hasn't played in a regular-season game since.
    This preseason, Tuiasosopo threw for 343 yards and completed 29 of his 44 passes with four interceptions and no touchdowns. He has been taking snaps with the first-team offense at times and is more athletic than Collins, allowing him to move more in the pocket.
    The fans have been calling for him to get an opportunity for weeks now, chanting "Tui! Tui!" when the offense takes the field.
    After a promising start to the season, the 32-year-old Collins has lately found himself facing constant questions - just like his mistake-prone year last season - about the Raiders' ineffective offense.
    Collins has completed 245 of his 446 passes for 3,118 yards and 16 touchdowns, but he has thrown 10 interceptions and been sacked 32 times for 194 lost yards.
    His recent struggles have been surprising after his strong start in his first full season as starter. Collins didn't throw an interception until his 141st pass in Week 5 against San Diego, then didn't give up another pick for 95 more attempts. Seven of his 10 interceptions have come in the past four games, including three in a 31-17 home loss to Denver on Nov. 13.
    "It's been a variety of things," Collins said after Sunday's game. "Certainly, I take as much responsibility as anybody. It seems like it's been different things at different times, where the players get penalties or non-execution. Like I said, I'm not going to point fingers. I know that I didn't live up to the expectations I had for myself this season."
    Turner isn't about to name a quarterback for the final four games, meaning Collins potentially could be benched this week and get another chance.
    "Kerry wants to play," Turner said. "He's a competitor. He's a strong guy. He gives everything he's got. There's no question he wants to continue to play, and I appreciate that."

GrapeApe
    It was nice to see all the Raider Felons/Fans Leaving Quallcomm Early once again... :hammerhea
    GO BOLTS!!!!!!
    *** Grape Ape ***

blender over
    Finally.... It looks like Norv Turner has pulled his head out and is going to start Tui against the Jets. Who knows, this may be what we needed. Either way, they can't get any worse.
    Turner leans toward Tuiasosopo as starter
    Story Tools: Print Email
    Associated Press
    Posted: 19 hours ago
    ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Marques Tuiasosopo probably will get his shot as Oakland's starting quarterback this week.
    Coach Norv Turner is leaning towards demoting the struggling Kerry Collins and plans to make his final decision before the Raiders take the practice field Wednesday to prepare for the lowly New York Jets - though it sure seems Turner has all but made up his mind.
    The coach already spoke to Collins about the potential change for Sunday's road game.
    "I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't something we're considering strongly," Turner said Monday on the heels of the Raiders' second straight defeat and fourth loss in five games, 34-10 at San Diego.
    "We're going to look at the quarterback situation and say, 'Hey, is it time to look at Tui?' With his mobility, would that help us?"
    The 26-year-old Tuiasosopo has been a backup since the Raiders drafted him out of Washington in 2001. He started one game in 2003 in place of injured 2002 MVP Rich Gannon, but hurt his knee during Oakland's third offensive series on a hard hit by Boss Bailey in a 23-13 loss at Detroit and hasn't played in a regular-season game since.
    This preseason, Tuiasosopo threw for 343 yards and completed 29 of his 44 passes with four interceptions and no touchdowns. He has been taking snaps with the first-team offense at times and is more athletic than Collins, allowing him to move more in the pocket.
    The fans have been calling for him to get an opportunity for weeks now, chanting "Tui! Tui!" when the offense takes the field.
    After a promising start to the season, the 32-year-old Collins has lately found himself facing constant questions - just like his mistake-prone year last season - about the Raiders' ineffective offense.
    Collins has completed 245 of his 446 passes for 3,118 yards and 16 touchdowns, but he has thrown 10 interceptions and been sacked 32 times for 194 lost yards.
    His recent struggles have been surprising after his strong start in his first full season as starter. Collins didn't throw an interception until his 141st pass in Week 5 against San Diego, then didn't give up another pick for 95 more attempts. Seven of his 10 interceptions have come in the past four games, including three in a 31-17 home loss to Denver on Nov. 13.
    "It's been a variety of things," Collins said after Sunday's game. "Certainly, I take as much responsibility as anybody. It seems like it's been different things at different times, where the players get penalties or non-execution. Like I said, I'm not going to point fingers. I know that I didn't live up to the expectations I had for myself this season."
    Turner isn't about to name a quarterback for the final four games, meaning Collins potentially could be benched this week and get another chance.
    "Kerry wants to play," Turner said. "He's a competitor. He's a strong guy. He gives everything he's got. There's no question he wants to continue to play, and I appreciate that."
    yep they suck bad
    CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ziggy
    Its a good move IMO too........I think he's saving Collins from getting killed since Tui can scramble......maybe it'll inject a little life back in that team if he has some success, if he fails it'll get worse even though the rest of the team has already kinda given up....no longer can they be the spoiler for San Diego, they would only help the Bolts by winning other games.
    GO CHARGERS!!!

Red Eye
    It was nice to see all the Raider Felons/Fans Leaving Quallcomm Early once again... :hammerhea
    GO BOLTS!!!!!!
    *** Grape Ape ***
    Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.
    I wouldn't consider myself a Chargers but more not a fan of the Raiders, therefore, scoreboard.

GrapeApe
    Nope - No Powder Blue Jersey for me.... I think I may order a Merriman Jersey though.. He is becoming a Bad Ass Pass Rusher in a Hurry..
    And yes the Song was Great in the 80's..
    *** Grape Ape ***

Ziggy
    Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.Thats so typical, can't talk smack so you gotta pick on something from the 70's............I do miss the Fouts/Stabler bouts :rollside:

Red Eye
    Thats so typical, can't talk smack so you gotta pick on something from the 70's............I do miss the Fouts/Stabler bouts :rollside:
    Actually, this thread wasn't about talking smack intially. And I wouldn't have brought something so old, but I heard it on the radio a couple of day ago and it made me ears bleed. I'm a little bitter about the ears bleeding part of it still.

Ziggy
    Actually, this thread wasn't about talking smack intially. And I wouldn't have brought something so old, but I heard it on the radio a couple of day ago and it made me ears bleed. I'm a little bitter about the ears bleeding part of it still.
    LOL...you won't see me dancing when its playing either....its so, ...... disco :220v:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast