Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else addicted to....

sleekcraft137
    The TV show "the deadliest catch"??? Man I'm freakin glued to the TV today watching it! FREAKIN NUTS!!! But 40K in one week????? DAMN!

Boatcop
    A year or so ago, the "other" magazine devoted to POWER BOATs did a feature on difficult and hazardous jobs in the marine industry.
    I was honored that they did a piece on what I do, in addition to Marine Rescue, prop machining, and other "dangerous" maritime professions.
    In the end, though I was disappointed that they didn't feature the crabbers and sword fishermen. (Perfect Storm) and those kinds of jobs.
    I did a tour in the North Pacific, off Alaska, inspecting the crab boats featured in "Deadliest Catch". Those guys are just plain nuts.
    It was bad enough rolling around in those seas on a 378' cutter, much less on a 95' crab boat. In my opinion, those dudes are REAL sailors and even bigger men.
    It may be good money, but they spend every hour, waking or working, facing death or serious injury. One mis-step with one of those baskets and next season's crabs will be feasting on their bodies. One mis-cue by the Captain in those seas, and the entire ship goes to the bottom.
    They have my utmost admiration and respect.

Havasu Hangin'
    That is a very cool show.
    The Parker Strip isn't quite the Bering Sea...but there are alot of crabby people there.

sleekcraft137
    A year or so ago, the "other" magazine devoted to POWER BOATs did a feature on difficult and hazardous jobs in the marine industry.
    I was honored that they did a piece on what I do, in addition to Marine Rescue, prop machining, and other "dangerous" maritime professions.
    In the end, though I was disappointed that they didn't feature the crabbers and sword fishermen. (Perfect Storm) and those kinds of jobs.
    I did a tour in the North Pacific, off Alaska, inspecting the crab boats featured in "Deadliest Catch". Those guys are just plain nuts.
    It was bad enough rolling around in those seas on a 378' cutter, much less on a 95' crab boat. In my opinion, those dudes are REAL sailors and even bigger men.
    It may be good money, but they spend every hour, waking or working, facing death or serious injury. One mis-step with one of those baskets and next season's crabs will be feasting on their bodies. One mis-cue by the Captain in those seas, and the entire ship goes to the bottom.
    They have my utmost admiration and respect.And people think a rough day on Havi is bad! :idea:

jbone
    It's funny you mention it.
    My name is Jason and I'm addicted.
    The weird thing about it is each episode is the same. They catch crabs. Some boats more than others.
    You would think I was gonna make money on the crab the way I watch each pot coming in. I can't wait to see how crab they caught.
    I'm also addicted to anything Poker. Who would have thought watching poker on t.v. would be addicting.
    J

HocusPocus
    its a good show.. i enjoy watching it. no way i could ever do that.. but i keep teasing the wife that im gonna go out and make some cash crabbing but she knows me better then that. :crossx:

Cheap Thrills
    I got paid alot of money once to catch crabs , I should have known something was fishy when I noticed the Odor Eater stuffed in her underwear. :yuk:
    C.T. :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
    Great show! Watch it every week!

Flying Tiger
    We've been watching it.
    Seems they could design a boat more suited to the job, a bit safer.
    The wifie said today that the shows are starting to get a bit repititous.
    National Geographic did one a few years back,, and they made the job look far more dangerous,, and a lot more drama.
    Not unusual for a new deck worker to quit mid-catch and have to be put ashore.
    Now that's drama.
    BTW:
    Best Poker program was with Gabe Kaplan as the commentator.
    WTF,, don't see that one on anymore, he was funny and savvy,, really held your attention.

sleekcraft137
    I got paid alot of money once to catch crabs , I should have known something was fishy when I noticed the Odor Eater stuffed in her underwear. :yuk:
    C.T. :wink:LMAO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast