Thread: shoe ? on my tx 19

jets4me
    i have youngblood with a blown 468 need some help my shoe is a 1/4 inch above the keel need to get more water in the pump can i shim my shoe and if so how much thanks for any help

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Rule of thumb is .125 above keel. Add some shim until you get there. Make sure you write down some numbers before you make changes. THat way you will have a baseline.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Rule of thumb is .125 above keel. Add some shim until you get there. Make sure you write down some numbers before you make changes. THat way you will have a baseline.
    What he said! BL

BUT..its not wise to go straight to that depth, you should go .060 MAX at a time, I personally make .030 changes..
    Every boat is different, you may end up in a tottally different location than what works on other TX's or Cp's. You have to find the set up.Also, keep the plate at the same angle as was with the old biting edge depth, so whatever shim you put under the shoe, add the same to the cradle, if you have turn buckles holding the rideplate youll have to do it with an angle finder.