Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

Outnumbered
    Take a look at Moomba also. Some of the newer companies start the design process from the customer perspective and overcome the problems of retooling an older design. They got bought out in the early 90's by a big company in Tenn. Lots of extras at a lower price point.
    http://www.moomba.com/mobiuslsv.html
    He asked which one is "best"

lakewake
    He asked which one is "best"
    I haven't figured out how to pull portions of a quote yet. I posted in response to his interest in a better deal from Calabria. BTW How do you pull a sentence out of a quote and still show the posts originator?

Troubles No More
    Well, looks like it's time to sell the Bahner (mini day cruiser) I am wondering what is the best boat for this combination #1 Skiing #2 Wake boarding and all around performance. I have been used to speed with the boat we have now and know that I will probably loose about 10-15 mph with a ski boat. I am leaning towards the Ski Nautique, and want to stay under 20' but the Calabria caught my eye at the local ski store.
    Opinions Please, Thanks
    -Tony
    My .02
    It’s better to have great customer service from the boat dealer than a great boat from a horrible boat dealer.
    The Good- Howard Boats, I had a 25 Bullet, great boat, fast, handled great in big water and it was backed up with great customer service.
    The Bad- I had a Mastercraft, prostar 190, great boat for skiing, handled like a racecar, rode like a brick. The problems I had where with the dealer, it took a letter from the lawyer to open his eyes to the problems. He has lost my business and I like the X45, but not from him.
    I’m looking for a 23-25 ft V-Drive ski boat and the first thing I’ve done is check the history of the dealership. Try to obtain feed back from customers or friends. Are there certified repairmen at the shop? Check for any or ask for information about the boat manufacturer. If you can, try to make a visit to the manufacturing shop.
    What you are looking for is better service after the sale.
    After checking with friends and visiting the shops, I have found good feedback on the two Malibu dealers here in So Cal.
    · Centurion
    · Correct Craft
    · Malibu
    · Mastercraft
    · Supra
    · Tige
    They are all nice boats, the dealer may be the deal maker or breaker for you
    Best of luck with your search.

1BADBAHNER
    Troubles No More:
    You have made a very good point that I never thought about, and the only way you can know this would be by experience. There are ways to get the service you want and you normally have to be a prime customer to get that but does that mean that I need to rate the dealers also and how would I do that.
    As this thread gets longer it brings up more questions and thoughts I haven't really been aware of, thanks to all of you I have a better understanding of what I should be looking for and asking when I go look at our new boat.
    There was a statement made about a good dealer will let you test drive their boats, but a great dealer will let you go out and test other boats to compare them.
    When you are talking about $55K plus, you have to take your time and know what to look for.
    Thanks everyone, keep it coming...................I still need more help.

97SunsetterLX
    Check our these sites - http://www.wakesiderides.com
    wakesiderides.com has good info on all brands.
    Talk to some Malibu owners etc - see below...
    http://www.malibuboatowners.com

Outnumbered
    I haven't figured out how to pull portions of a quote yet. I posted in response to his interest in a better deal from Calabria. BTW How do you pull a sentence out of a quote and still show the posts originator?
    I was just messin' with ya. To quote part just do a normal quote and in the edit screen you can cut what you don't want. But be careful not to erase/cut the [ ]'s out of the text.

lakewake
    But be careful not to erase/cut the [ ]'s out of the text.
    Thanks, That was my mistake,erasing one of the [].

NautiTwins
    NautiTwins, I saw the boat at our local dealer but in black, white and grey my favorite colors for a boat. It caught my eye right when I saw it and the price tag $55K "ON SALE". I was told by the same dealer that the Calabria was a better boat for the price, I'll have to wait and test drive the two and see what's up. The Calabria is a V-Drive and was designed for the skier/boarder, it "is" a really nice looking boat and I like everything but the really big ass swim deck in the back.
    Was that at California Correct Craft? If so, thier service is really good and thier sales guys are very helpful. I did not even buy my boat from them but they still answer every stupid question I have when I call in.
    Calabria and Moomba we did not look at in person. I looked at the outback online and printed it out and held up the pic to the nautique and said no way. But I again state I am biased.
    Good luck in your search. I have a local dealer here that has some used boats, PM me and I can give you the web site.
    Thanks

1BADBAHNER
    Check our these sites - http://www.wakesiderides.com
    wakesiderides.com has good info on all brands.
    Talk to some Malibu owners etc - see below...
    http://www.malibuboatowners.com
    Thank you for all the info. I have to get mine up for sale and sell our sea doo to really get serious, but all this needs to be thought out very careful. It gets a little crazy will all the different brands out there.
    Thanks for all the help guys and gals.....

1BADBAHNER
    Did you still have that information

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast