Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice to meet you all!

voodooCanoe
    Mrs. C , nice to hang with you and the Mr. , as well as everyone else. Was nice to see everyone again and meet some new folks. Was a good time.
    I wonder if our "buddy" Ray had as good of a time???
    So, when's the next party??? RED BLUFF???
    Hope to see everyone again this summer. Happy New Year to all!!!

Moneypitt
    Yes, my CFW experience was about what I expected. I enjoyed meeting people and seeing the cool boats that braved the somewhat undesirable conditions. I woke up Sunday morning in Rocklin to a driving rain and very windy conditions, so I headed south Sunday about 11AM. I ran wipers ALL the way home to Newbury Park, without a single break in the rain. I Got home about 8PM, minus one tooth, and the vision in my left eye, but that will pass as the swelling goes down and I'm able to open my eye again. Would I go back to CFW? You bet! I'll change a few things as far as planning is conserned, and would hope to stay a little closer to the lake than Rocklin.......MP

Sherpa
    Yes, my CFW experience was about what I expected. I enjoyed meeting people and seeing the cool boats that braved the somewhat undesirable conditions. I woke up Sunday morning in Rocklin to a driving rain and very windy conditions, so I headed south Sunday about 11AM. I ran wipers ALL the way home to Newbury Park, without a single break in the rain. I Got home about 8PM, minus one tooth, and the vision in my left eye, but that will pass as the swelling goes down and I'm able to open my eye again. Would I go back to CFW? You bet! I'll change a few things as far as planning is conserned, and would hope to stay a little closer to the lake than Rocklin.......MP
    falldowndrunk?
    barfight?
    esplain........
    --Sherpa

Moneypitt
    I lost my balance and fell while bending down to pick something up. Drinking? yeah, I guess I would have to say I was drinking, BUT it has happened to me before while 100% sober. Kind of an age thing I guess. Not a big deal. I received first aid from Traci, (I think) and others, and the Sheriff and Fire Department came later, (someone was worried about the severity of my injuries), Cops gave me the once over, and the Paramedics checked me out. I refused the ride to the Hospital, and went back to sleep in my truck until about 3:45AM, then hooked up the boat and went to Rocklin to my room to await the storm due in on Sunday morning. (The road out was flooded Saturday afternoon and I didn't want to get stranded Sunday morning.) I guess there was a short time Sunday morning with decent water, but the storm was in full swing in town by 10AM so I headed south...With one good eye and at least some daylight to work with..............MP

I was great to meet all of you there. It was a wet windy crazy day had a blast. we need to do this when the weather gets better.

PINSTRIPER GIRL
    It was nice to meet some forum people I was looking forward to. Casey, Christina, Rob (thanks for making that awful trip!) and it was good to see Dave and some other race/lake boaters again! I just wish for next year, NO RAIN! Christina, maybe next year we can camp with you all.

Mrs.charitycase
    It was nice to meet some forum people I was looking forward to. Casey, Christina, Rob (thanks for making that awful trip!) and it was good to see Dave and some other race/lake boaters again! I just wish for next year, NO RAIN! Christina, maybe next year we can camp with you all.
    Very nice to meet you! Hey you can camp with us anytime girl! We'll have to plan something alittle sooner.

Stab-n-Steer
    Ray,
    Sorry we missed you. One brave cracker made it, the P-200. Brett made a few laps, never really got on it hard but he did get on the water... Come back on Father's day. We can guarantee better weather!
    S&S

Moneypitt
    Randy, I was able to get it wet Friday afternoon, at least long enough to find out it wasn't right, and parked it. Then again on Saturday afternoon, after the rain and wind stopped, a v drive went out and for what ever reason needed a tow from the far side, I put it back in and idled across and back to tow him in. Any revs and I colapse hyd lifters......Hmmmm, a little piston to valve miscalculation......I would've liked to come back on Sunday, but the weather in town was ugly with rain and wind and the weather station didn't show any clearing soon, so I just headed south........Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12