Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible NO mooring or Stopping In Channel At Lake Havasu

UncleLarry
    The city council just concluded a work session - nothing decided at this time is ....... just a time where they talk in public...
    Current council has directed the city staff to start working on an ordinance that would BAN all stopping and beaching your boat in the channel.. This ordinance if passed would go into effect before this summer.
    Just thought you might like to know.. Their hope is to return the channel to the locals so it can be enjoyed by the locals... Not that they could moor their boats either.
    Current council does NOT think this will negatively effect that city at all.

2Driver
    That sucks, but you can see it coming.
    So now the channel will be over packed with boats having to pretend that they are still moving so they don't get ticketed. I guess they'll need patrols to keep the traffic moving like at a traffic accident.

cc322
    I really cant see how something like this could ever stand a chance of passing. Alot of the businesses down there are very happy that we can park boats in the channel, if it was to be banned it would really hurt the revanue for the business owners. How about this we take all our boating revanue elsewhere say maybe Mead ,Mohave, Naci and then when the affects of no business in the summer they will be begging us to come back and park in the channel just like the business owners in Palm Springs, they would love to have spring break back.

KACHINA KEN
    hahahahahahaahahahaha. Yeah Right.

Havasu Cig
    This will kill some of the businesses in the channel if it passes. We really don't hang in the channel as much as we used to, but it was still a nice hangout for the last couple of hours before heading back to the ramp. It seems like the B.S. never stops out there.

UncleLarry
    I will keep everyone updated..
    When the time is right I will be asking for your input and help...
    I know we can present a viable defense to keeping it open. What we need to remember is that we cant go screaming or making accusations.. Thats what many in the city want.. So lets voice our oppostion but lets not resort to name calling or threats.. PLEASE....
    Thank you.. Please feel free to pm me or contact me at Jokers Wild if you want to get more info or offer help.
    Thanks

Desert Rat
    just like the business owners in Palm Springs, they would love to have spring break back.
    Actually I hear most are pretty happy its gone. Most said it wasn't worth the hassle. After all who do you think sits on and influences these boards? Local business owners. Sure boating is #1 in Havasu but look what has been the driving force in Las Vegas the past 10+ years... get the family to come and the kids HAVE to eat, play etc. Usually less LE is needed and if your family friendly that = $$. Don't get me wrong I know quite a few of us bring our kids to Havasu but I think the local council would love to get rid of what they feel in the fringe element. Just my .02

h2oski2fast
    Never happen.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Seems kinda like a case of throwing out the baby with the bath-water.

Panic Button
    Actually I hear most are pretty happy its gone. Most said it wasn't worth the hassle. After all who do you think sits on and influences these boards? Local business owners. Sure boating is #1 in Havasu but look what has been the driving force in Las Vegas the past 10+ years... get the family to come and the kids HAVE to eat, play etc. Usually less LE is needed and if your family friendly that = $$. Don't get me wrong I know quite a few of us bring our kids to Havasu but I think the local council would love to get rid of what they feel in the fringe element. Just my .02
    The past 5 years Vegas has been trying to get away from the "family friendly" city and go back to the more adult orientated nature as it was before. Notice they have changed the shows, removed the theme parks etc. Parents with kids do not spend as much gaming as non-kids visits.
    Hope it doesn't pass...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast