Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible NO mooring or Stopping In Channel At Lake Havasu

INSman
    My thoughts as well...... All the shops there survive by us. I spend a ton in those stores!!!!!
    I love Bolt On's !!! :rollside:

Daytona100
    How about Lake Mead for an alternative. Cheaper rooms, nitelife. buffets. huge lake Getting tired of Havasu and all the BS. If they dont want boaters there screw um. There are alternatives.

RiverRatMike
    doubt that will ever happen. I haven't heard a thing about it till now and I live here.

Hardly Satisfied
    that would suck if they don't let people park there

shadow
    doubt that will ever happen. I haven't heard a thing about it till now and I live here.
    Watch the city council meeting on channel 45 next tues..Or todays paper from the meeting last night.I can't see the channel being closed down but,i can see them trying to make it either alcohol free or limit times or number of boats,permits or something like that.Dam shame if they close it completely to all parking.I belive they will just relocate the problems to another location,out of sight out of mind.That also may prevent emergency personel from being able to get where they need to be in a timely manner.Atleast now they have a large number of people contained in 1 general area accessable by land.They ought to just enforce the exsisting laws and start writing littering tickets,drunk in public arresets,etc.If they crack down it might drive out some of the crowds.

Sleek-Jet
    Don't see it affecting local business too much. I don't care if it happens either.
    BUT I don't see it happening and I don't think it's legal. The channel is still the lake, and the lake is still a Federal Waterway. I THINK below the high water mark, they cannot prevent you from beaching. I'd like to hear from boatcop or someone who might know for sure. Also, people with "boat trouble" would have to be allowed to be beach under "safe harbor" laws. That would be a good way to protest it, everyone should just develope "engine trouble" for the day.
    RTJas
    Since it's within the city limits, I would believe that Lake Havasu City owns the land beneath the water. So they can prevent you from mooring.
    A group of kids got into this same argument back home a few years ago. Everyone used to go tubing on the river above town. Well, as people started buying up the old farms and ranches that the river ran through and subdividing, it was only a mater of time till somebody took exception to people "floating" across their property. Went all the way to the Colorado Supreme court I believe. Finally it was decided that the water in the river belongs to the people of the state, and is considered a navigable water way. As long as no one touched the bottom, you weren't tresspassing. I would think the same rules would apply to mooring in the channel.

shueman
    Limit the parking to the island and the resorts, then SHUT DOWN the drinking will fix it....

THOR
    How about Lake Mead for an alternative. Cheaper rooms, nitelife. buffets. huge lake Getting tired of Havasu and all the BS. If they dont want boaters there screw um. There are alternatives.
    I think that is great. Everyone should go to Mead and Mohave instead.

Havasu Hangin'
    So let me get this straight...
    ...you close down Copper Canyon on busy weekends because of "rowdy behavior"...
    ...then everyone moves to the Sandbar, so you close that down on busy weekends because of "rowdy behavior".
    Now you are suprised that there is "rowdy behavior" in the channel? Brilliant!

Havasu Hangin'
    Maybe when they close down the channel, they'll come to your house.
    Don't hate the player...hate the game.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast