Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible NO mooring or Stopping In Channel At Lake Havasu

Havasu_Dreamin
    Now to take your assumption and twist it a bit. Let's take one weekend at Havasu during the summer. A very conservative estimate of the number of boats in Havasu would be 1000 (but we'll use it). Another very convervative estimate would be the amount of gas that each boat will consume (averaged out would probably be 80 gallons per weekend, some use less and some more). Now at around 2.00 per gallon that would be $160 per boat (again, average). That's $160,000 in gas for a weekend. Then for the season, $3.8 million. The summer crowd has a more expendable cash flow then do the "snow birds" that are on a fixed, usually retired budget. Go into a restaraunt and ask the people who work there which clientel they would rather have.
    I agree with everything you are saying. All I am saying is that the town can't afford to lose either one of the revenue sources.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I think the channel is way too out of hand now....they need to limit the mooring or reduce the channel chaos....too much drinking and too many idiots bring the chaos right to public...keep it at the sandbar or in the party coves where I like to enjoy it, but the channel on most weekends is out of hand on the shore, fights get created with people saving space or idiots creating chaos next to those that do not want chaos and thus the termoil begins. Even the idiots that do not know how to drive in the channel, pulling in, backing out, people stopping creating bottle necks and people who do not know how to drive and have itchy throttle hands/foots bumping each other and thus creating more chaos...
    There is a reason this is getting so much town attention, the attention is probably warranted.
    Excellent points.

SummerBreeze
    I get it now it's all about the money
    How about parking meters????????

Kilrtoy
    For sake of disagreement, Why is it when there is a regatta and or poker run, the U.S. COAST GUARD is always in charge and issues the permits...
    They say it is a federal waterway....

Havasu_Dreamin
    For sake of disagreement, Why is it when there is a regatta and or poker run, the U.S. COAST GUARD is always in charge and issues the permits...
    I would think because the main portion of the lake is a federal waterway and that is where the majority of the regatta/poker run takes place.

moneypit
    Same reason that when there is a big investigation or crime, the local cops call in the FBI. :sqeyes:

havaduner
    I agree that things are out of hand in the channel, and that's mostly due to all the other places being closed (Copper, SandBar) but keep in mind those are patrolled by SBCS not LHC, it's SBCS that closed those areas, and LHC is being forced to deal with the repercussions of those actions, I don't see a simple cure here, I wish the other places would re-open but it's not LHC's choice to make.
    I
    SK for Mayor :wink:
    Karl remember one thing, Mohave County Sherrifs, San Bernardino County Sherrifs have juristication over the entire lake together, as does LHC police. So, when an area (copper canyon, sand bar) is shut down, that decision is made in unison.
    I'll vote for you :rollside:

TCHB
    I guess we should close Huntington Beach to people next. No way people are money. If there is a few people that cause problems put them in jail like the law says. What is wrong with Havasu Leaders!!!!

Liquid Courage
    I thought the "one-way" travel idea was a good way to limit the chaos in the channel. And maybe limit the beaching spaces near the narrow opening by the main marina.

That Guy
    So let me get this straight...
    ...you close down Copper Canyon on busy weekends because of "rowdy behavior"...
    ...then everyone moves to the Sandbar, so you close that down on busy weekends because of "rowdy behavior".
    Now you are suprised that there is "rowdy behavior" in the channel? Brilliant!
    Exactly right......what a bunch of backwards boneheads....

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast