Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: valves

460 jus getn it
    i just posted them..................

Fiat48
    Check your piston to valve clearance before condemning the valve. And look at the other pistons to see if any light contact there.
    Next to last picture....looks like the valve was bent..before it broke.
    And I am wondering about these super clean pistons with no color...yet I see another piston with color. And you know water does an excellent job of removing carbon in a cylinder.....

tbanzer
    I agree with fiat. it looks like the piston was kissing the exhaust valve on the cylinder next to the damaged one.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Check your piston to valve clearance before condemning the valve. And look at the other pistons to see if any light contact there.
    And I am wondering about these super clean pistons with no color...yet I see another piston with color. And you know water does an excellent job of removing carbon in a cylinder.....
    I totally agree with you bob. My question is why would it wait until 9hrs to do the damage? If pistons are kissing valves then why would it be silent?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I see the marks on the pistons too, and was wondering myself how ya get brand-new looking pistons into a bolted-together motor that has run 9 hrs. Something definitely funny going on in there, and I do not mean funny-HAHA.

infotraker
    2 years ago my BBC 468 had the same problem. Probably from valve float with hydr. cam. Completely redid engine, manley severe duty valves, comp cam solid roller cam, 5 new pistons. Runs great now, to rpm 6800, rev limiter set to 7K. The debris went to 5 pistons, no block damage. It was a intake valve.

454-ways-to-go
    pics are not what it seems!! i kinda cleaned the number one cylinder then number 3, then started number 5 and relized i should take some pics. that is why on 5 one part of the piston is clean!! sorry for the confusion!!

GofastRacer
    My question is why would it wait until 9hrs to do the damage? If pistons are kissing valves then why would it be silent?
    Cheap parts that only lasts 9hrs maybe!.. You don't hear that stuff until it goes crunch or kaboom!..

Doin' Time
    it dont look that bad...mag the head put a new valve in it,,,replace the piston...make sure the cylinder aint cracked.....otherwise,the thoughts with the valve hitting the pistons are not likely seeing it could of hit the piston when it came apart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast