Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 Miners found alive

spectratoad
    Sounds like a cool deal for the families. 12 of the miners are still alive. They are some lucky guys.

JetBoatRich
    Incredible
    That is great news for all but one family

OutCole'd
    Unbelievable !!! This is such great news.

MagicMtnDan
    Unbelievable! A true miracle especially after finding the first body. God must have blessed them and their families.

Phat Matt
    TALLMANSVILLE, W.Va. - Twelve of the 13 miners trapped in an explosion in a coal mine were found alive late Tuesday after more than 41 hours underground, turning a community's worst fears to unbridled joy. Family members streamed from the church where they had kept vigil, shouting "Praise the Lord!"
    Bells at the church rang out as family members ran out screaming in jubilation. Relatives yelled "They're alive!"
    "They told us they have 12 alive," said Gov. Joe Manchin, leader of the nation's No. 2 coal-producing state. "We have some people that are going to need some medical attention."
    Rescue crews found the body of a 13th miner earlier Tuesday evening and said they were holding out hope that the others were still alive, even as precious time continued to slip away.
    The mine's owner, International Coal Group Inc., did not immediately confirm that the 12 other men were alive. A relative at the church said a mine foreman called relatives there, saying the miners had been found.
    A few minutes after word came, the throng, several hundred strong, broke into a chorus of the hymn "How Great Thou Art," in a chilly, night air.
    "Miracles happen in West Virginia and today we got one," said Charlotte Weaver, wife of Jack Weaver, one of the men who had been trapped in the mine.
    "I got scared a lot of times, but I couldn't give up," she said. "We have an 11-year-old son, and I couldn't go home and tell him, 'Daddy wasn't coming home.'"
    There were hugs and tears among the crowd outside the Sago Baptist Church near the mine, about 100 miles northeast of Charleston.
    Helen Winans, whose son Marshall Winans, is one of those trapped said she believes there was divine intervention.
    "The Lord takes care of them," she said.
    The body was found about 700 feet from a mine car, and it appeared the employee was working on a beltline, which brings coal out of the mine, said Ben Hatfield, chief executive officer for ICG of Ashland, Ky.
    The mine car was empty, which led rescuers to believe the others may have been safe somewhere else in the mine.
    The miners had been trapped 260 feet below the surface of the mine since an explosion early Monday.

Brooski
    Absolutely AWESOME!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Rod-64
    turn to CNN.............now not true
    Supposedly only 1 made it.

moneysucker
    turn to CNN.............now not true
    Supposedly only 1 made it.
    How insane is that! "Oh, Oops. I meant 1 not 12, Sorry." WTF!!! The Governer got jacked on this one. Re-election not to hopeful for the glory hound governer. When good publicity goes bad.

Rod-64
    I would NOT want to be in the mine officials shoes who effed this up.
    I'm suprised there isn't a riot since all they said was "sorry." :yuk:

Kachina26
    cnn.com says 12 alive I hope that's the right info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast