Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Condolences for a fellow boaters family...

pixilatedpussy
    After a phone call from Rynobelt, & talking to Bunny...looks like this tragedy to the 17 year old last weekend...was to someone we all knew. :frown: :frown: :frown: Thoughts & condolences to the Hartman Family....(neighbors of Bunny166)
    A 17-year-old who died Saturday afternoon when the personal watercraft she was operating collided with a boat on the Colorado River near a spot known as Circle Beach. The victim, Andrea Hartman of Rancho Cucamonga, made a right turn in front of the boat and was struck, knocking her into the water.
    Passersby pulled her out and a San Bernardino sheriff's helicopter patrolling the area responded and landed in the water.
    Authorities pronounced Hartman dead at the scene.
    Please, Please watch you lil ones when operating a jet ski or wave runner on the river.....

Cole Trickle
    Sad Sad Sad.... :cry:

atomickitn
    hummm ! sorry to hear this send her family our condolences

Mrs. 4-B
    Very sad...my daughter knew her too. They both go to CSUF.

pixilatedpussy
    Very sad...my daughter knew her too. They both go to CSUF.
    Im sorry hun.
    Trust me, this is eating Cindy & I up.
    Alex had just party'd with her Sat & earlier on Sun in Moabi. A lot of us are just trying to figure this out. Very sad. How is your daughter dealing with it?

chub
    May the Lord bless and keep her family.

Mrs. 4-B
    Im sorry hun.
    Trust me, this is eating Cindy & I up.
    Alex had just party'd with her Sat & earlier on Sun in Moabi. A lot of us are just trying to figure this out. Very sad. How is your daughter dealing with it?
    She's doing okay. One of Jessica's friends was very close to her. Jessica was more of an aquaintance but she was telling me that the girl was very nice, sweet and popular. Jessica is out in Laughlin this weekend at a fraternity dance function so we had a little chat about seedoo safety to say the least. At least she's been around boats all her life and has heard her dad and I talk about the dangers of them. I hope they actually just hang at the pool and don't rent any!!! :220v:

pixilatedpussy
    She's doing okay. One of Jessica's friends was very close to her. Jessica was more of an aquaintance but she was telling me that the girl was very nice, sweet and popular. Jessica is out in Laughlin this weekend at a fraternity dance function so we had a little chat about seedoo safety to say the least. At least she's been around boats all her life and has heard her dad and I talk about the dangers of them. I hope they actually just hang at the pool and don't rent any!!! :220v:
    I know..I am sitting down with my two boys today....I know they are young, but I feel like I have to re-itterate this...or I wont be able to sleep.
    As far as I know..this whole family is full of true boaters that have grown up on the river as well. Just a bad decision, that cost a life & alot of pain.

doesitfloat?
    I know..I am sitting down with my two boys today....I know they are young, but I feel like I have to re-itterate this...or I wont be able to sleep.
    As far as I know..this whole family is full of true boaters that have grown up on the river as well. Just a bad decision, that cost a life & alot of pain.
    Good job, parents. It's too late to teach them when their 16...it (especially safety) needs to be constantly mentioned to them as they're growing up so that when they are 17+, it's already second nature to them.

Ziggy
    I've rad about the girl a few times this past week..........It makes it so much tougher to swallow when its someone you know or know of....
    Our condolences to her family.
    Always remind your kids of the safety dangers.....and remember, they will learn by example, especially when young.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast