Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nautical

bigboy78
    I need info on the Nautical. I need to here from someone that has stayed there recently if the remodel they did was an improvment or just kind of a lite make over? I stayed there about five years ago, becuase of the dirt,bugs,and loud parties that the hotel had no control over I said I would never stay there again. But I'm willing to give them a second chance thats if I here some good changes have happened.
    P.S I'm not high maintence, I'm just not twenty any more and didn't care where I stayed. I just need a clean room with a/c and some peace and quiet at least after midnight.

Craig
    I think the remodel they're doing right now is on the beach rooms and they're not done yet. The cove rooms are probably still the same. Like you, we quit staying there about a year and a half ago when the room prices started getting out of hand and the room had "other occupants" included in the price http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Granted you can leave your boat in the water. But, we end up needing av-gas after one day and end up pulling the boats anyway. For the same price (if not less) there are a lot nicer hotels in town. When the new rooms are done, I'm sure they'll be nice, but the price will probably reflect the cost of renovation!
    Craig

gmnhra
    if the "remodel" of the tiki terrace is any indication of how the new rooms will be then i'll continue to pass on the nautical....being pretty much the only on-the-water deal in town they have you by the short ones....
    my dollar goes to the park models at the islander...o.k. it is run like a maximum security prison but it is clean and quiet and has a good ramp and slips..
    just my 2 cents

Craig
    Hey gmnhra,
    So those rooms you talk of are OK? I've called about those, but never went by to see them. They have their own ramp?
    Off the subject, given your nickname, you run something on the 1/4 mile asphault?
    Craig
    [This message has been edited by Craig (edited July 12, 2002).]

HUFFPOWER
    i'd stay at the islander hotel long before i'd stay at the nautical dump !!!!!

24ROD
    Rooms have bugs in the beds!!!!!!!!!! We pass.

gmnhra
    craig.. i am refering to the mobil home type units at the islander rv resort...right down the road from the nautical...private ramp, cove, beach, slips...they are all privately owned but are available on a daily..weely..rental basis
    islanderrvresort.com i think
    i have never stayed at the pink hotel called the island inn.. they are not waterfront....
    yes...nhra is just a little passion of mine...
    gm

Donnie
    NAUTICAL = SHITHOLE
    never agian

bigboy78
    Just as I thought nothing has seemed to have changed. I guess the thinking is, why spend to much money on upgrades when peolple will keep coming no mattter the living conditions. I guess some peolpe do not care or don't know any better. I know another place like that on the river called Lake Martinez never again.

Steamin' Rice
    I thought that the remodel was completely new buildings? I heard that they leveled the old buildings are are starting over from nothing? In that case, the new rooms should be nice once they're completed....I just wonder how high their room rates will go for the new rooms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast