Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elsinore.......where to launch?

HMF'er
    Haven't been to Elsinore in at least 6 years. Need to test my new 25' on Saturday before I go to the river. Any suggestions on where it's safe to launch, what part of the lake I should stay away from, and how full will the launch be on a Saturday. Thinking of going in the late afternoon to avoid a crowd, only need about 1 hour. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mrs.HLB
    Hey there!! I have no idea where you could launch, that place sucks.. But I wanted to congratulate you guys on the new boat!! Have fun and post pics!
    Say hi to Carrie for me..
    Mrs.HLB (and no we have not been out yet.. )

HMF'er
    Thanks for the kind words, but you're no help. j/k. Picking it up in about 1 hr and need somewere to test before a 4 day weekend next week.

Mrs.HLB
    Thanks for the kind words, but you're no help. j/k. Picking it up in about 1 hr and need somewere to test before a 4 day weekend next week.
    If we go to Elsinore we usually launch at the marina next to the State Park. I don't remember the name. Sorry. Just be careful you don't slip and fall... Or you can try Perris.. we have gone there and it is a little better... limited amount of boats due to the water level is really down. Where are you guys going next week? Havasu? We may be headed up to Mohave. May even try to go during the week..we will see. Have fun!
    Mrs.HLB

HMF'er
    Perris is just too far for a 1hr boat ride. We'll be in Havasu Thu-Sun.

MrsSigEpMock
    I believe there is a state/city beach on the west side with a good ramp. I don't know of any areas to stay away from except maybe the east side for wakeboarders.
    http://www.lake-elsinore.org/lakerules.asp
    good luck and congrats! :rollside:

HefeRaton
    Launch on the west side, stay away from the city launch.

HMF'er
    I believe there is a state/city beach on the west side with a good ramp. I don't know of any areas to stay away from except maybe the east side for wakeboarders.
    http://www.lake-elsinore.org/lakerules.asp
    good luck and congrats! :rollside:
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

BowTie Rick
    West Marine off of Riverside Dr. Perris is bacteria riden. Elsinore is green but that is only because it is less than 20' deep, the water gets very warm. Bateria=bad to touch, algea = not bad to touch but not good to look at. It is a natural lake as well so its not getting water pumped in and out like a reservoir.

HMF'er
    Elsinore West Marina it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast