Thread: What degree wedge should i use?

loudpipessavelives
    This is my first time posting..... i just got my boat out for the first time this past weekend... and a lot of guys have been telling me i run really flat in the water and a place diverter is out of the budget... i ran mid 60's but id like to get a couple more mph out of it..... My boat is an 18' Hardin Marine with a 468 Chevy and a dominator pump.... i didnt know if anyone was familiar with what could get me out of the water more ....any help would be appreciated!

jbone
    A droop snoot and a ride could definately help.
    Other experts will surely post to help, but if you need a snoot, my buddy has an American Turbine Droop he would be willing to let go for a good price. PM me if that is the direction you want to go.
    Just remember, no matter how fast you go you will always want a couple more mph.
    Good luck,
    J

loudpipessavelives
    do i need to change any linkages with a droop snoot?

bp
    for wedges, get a 1, 2, and 3, then try different angles starting with 2 degrees up. get some stainless allthread and make some longer studs to fasten the nozzle/bowl. make them long enough to fit all three.
    with the droop, you'll need a steering extension. you'll also need a longer bolt to attach the steering, as well as some sleeves for the bolt (i use teflon). a droop directly attached will give you 3-4 degrees up nozzle, compared with where you are now. you may still want to adjust that angle with wedges.