Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 19' Dana Jet Trade??

Rattle Can Lou
    I really don't want to offend anybody. I thought this was a v-drive forum. That would be where v-drivers practice their craft. Practicing their craft would be telling everybody just how good the prop with a v-drive actually is. Now you don't see me over in the Just Jets section do ya??? In fact I have never looked at that section..Don't have any desire. Now let me tell you a story. This will explain my prejiduce (sp). I bet you that are offended are young. Well I was around in the late 60's when v-drive boats were the deal. Along came Schuster and Berkeley and many other makers. The insurance company's went nuts. They yell from the rooftops.."NO PROPS, NO PROPS" The safest boats ever built. You can't cut peoples legs of with these things. Insurance rates were almost free. The public flocked to these new boats. Then reality set in. People were running into eveything with these new boats. They were driving them up into the back of their trucks trying to get them back on their trailers. They were ramming into other boats and docks because they couldnt steer them. All of a sudden the insurance rates were through the roofs. I worked for a company that was called Los Altos Marine. We were the largest Tahiti dealer in the state of Calif..Then the owner decided to splash some boats and came out with the Sidewinder hulls made in Redding, Calif. Then the owner's brother invented the Panther Jet. His name was Ken Baker. I could go on with my pedigree, but I won't. So when I say something about Jets...Let's just say I have a past with them. I've worked hard to develop my distaste for them.

Towndrunk
    Damn, I thought I was funny!! :cry:

olbiezer
    ya know i was going to post something smart alicky and would have been the first one but thought better of it......this poor guy sees the error of his ways and wants a v drive just is going about it wrong thats all.......cut em some slack lol

dmontzsta
    IMO.
    90% of the V-Drive owners, KNOW what they own. They have a prop boat for a reason. Prop boats are not like jet boats, jet boaters will even tell you this. The argument of jet boats being "more user friendly" has been quoted by many of them. Most first time boaters do not go buy V-Drives. Also, V-Drives tend to have a higher resell value and the equipment costs more. Gearbox, prop-shaft, prop, rudder, stuffing box, steering, skegs, cav plates, downpedal and handle, the list goes on.
    In conclusion; asking for a trade, is not likely to happen. Most of the V-Drivers love their boats and have searched hard and payed good money for them.
    Klown: Keep the tugboat in the ocean with the rest of the container haulers.

RUSSO
    Hahah...man... I Was Just Puttin It Out There...you Can Dump Some Money Into A Pump Too...but I Will Put Pics And More Info Up On The Just Jets Part Soon..i Got My Girlfriend On Her Way To Allens To Get My River Rats 2..think I Wore Out The First One..and Bad Boats Is Getting Old..haha.hope I Sell Her Soon So I Can Build A Flattie Soon..

Moneypitt
    He said "tugboat"........Where are the moderators?........MP

Squirtin Thunder
    Anyone Lookin To Trade A V-drive Less Motor For A Jet Less Motor???
    Sounds like a good idea to me. That damn drive shaft taken up a good 30% of the room. And no shollow water runs ??? Everything shacking loose ???
    Damn V-Drives !!! :argue:
    The never ending debate.

dmontzsta
    Sounds like a good idea to me. That damn drive shaft taken up a good 30% of the room. And no shollow water runs ??? Everything shacking loose ???
    Damn V-Drives !!! :argue:
    The never ending debate.
    I will give up 30% room for 30% more speed.

check tow rigs.

Squirtin Thunder
    I will give up 30% room for 30% more speed.

check tow rigs.
    OK now Tarzontzsta it is more like 15%-20%, that just shows we would kick most V-Drivers buts if we had one or ten !!!!

Sangster
    And no shollow water runs ???
    Squeezing Thunder....I sure get tired of hearing that as a positive for having a jetboat....Not to mention your insulting your own intelligence....Acually, a jetboat in say 3' of water will suck up rocks & crap of the bottom ruining your day in a hurry..A v-drive will fair alot better in shallow water than most jets will... Think about it.......http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif ....That's long enough.....It's not that hard to figure out.. Anyhoot, The poor guy is headed in the right direction for sure.. But I think he needs to Sell the jetboat, cut his losses & by a v-drive....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast