Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 19' Dana Jet Trade??

bottom feeder
    Hot Boats Rule!
    I dont care if you have a V-Drive or Jet. They are both cool in my book. At the same performance level they both require a skilled driver. The skills that are needed to operate either at their maximum are as diferant as the drive type.
    Just to add to the thread, does any one have a good starter V-Drive for sale preferably in the North West. And no I do not want to trade my jet.Somethiig like this would be a good start.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...CFWNYD2006.jpg
    Rattle Can Lou, I know you are a stand up guy.(even if you would not paint my tin can). You are a boat nut allways have been allways will be. The river boats are cool and so are the V-drives. Did you see the V-drive that ran the Payette River race in the early years 1986 or so. One of the best "shows" I have ever seen, A V-Drive in a white water river race.

Moneypitt
    Ah, bottom feeder, that isn't a v drive, nice boat, but no v drive......MP

Promodbike
    They call jet boats Mudsuckers for a reason.

bottom feeder
    Dang it! I made a jump for the band wagon and landed in the mudsucker agin.
    The crackers are bitchen.
    This is what a V-drive should look like and be driven like.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7DSC07145x.jpg
    Nice job Dossangers

Rampager
    Normally I hate these pissing contest threads but a few people here have no CLUE what they are talking about.
    I USED to have a wooden jetboat, yea totally different animal and obviously one wouldn't want to run shallows with that more for the sake of the hull than the pump.
    I now own a pretty kicka$$ ALUMINUM hull (the design ain't won 12 of 14 worlds for nothing....)and have run it for one season. A few people have already gotten preveiws of the DVD I made of the first seasons adventures and it is video taped PROOF that you can run water that is INSANELY shallow and have the boat AND pump live quite nicely. Its a race hull but I have used to for river exploring
    3 feet!?!?! hell thats what I'd find for absolute IDEAL water to get the boat up on plane AFTER I've gotten stuck in 1.5 inches. I would LOVE to see a prop boat try to follow me up a river, it would be hilarious! I've run in stuff even I was surprised I didn't clip the bottom and I bet ya it was 3" or maybe even less. My only mistake was running an aluminum impeller(pump came out of the wood hull) and yea that did get torn up. SS will fix that and is in the works for next season.
    Im sure like anyone not familiar with alloy hulls(me a year ago) you would be absolutly shocked what a jet can do in shallow water, I know I was/am. A foot of clean water in a jetboat is almost boring. Obviously ultra sandy/silty water isn't good for ANY drive never mind a jetpump. What does that do to a waterpump in a Vdrive boat? or a sterndrive?
    NO prop boat will be following me where I run anytime soon and if they do they better hope I am in a good mood cause they WILL need a ride back to the launch ramp!
    Im quite sure I could get on plane in water that you would never even want to start a vdrive boat in much less shift it into drive
    Its a shame there is some of this attitude on this forum cause it keeps alot of really knowledgeable(and damn nice) guys from coming/posting here. I cannot fathom why "lakeboaters" don't want to learn more about an alloy hull boat thats pushing triple digits(or surpassing it) with a ROCKgrate and no shoe or stuffer/loader.........
    <shrugs>
    just my .02 and yea sorry for being another Canuck
    p.s. watch video 17 and 18 on this page and tell me any prop boat would be following me! Oh and btw my boat ran all summer without any pump repairs
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=5550.0
    actually on page 2 there is a clip (xero1)of one of those ultra sweet moments when the hull juuuust clips the bottom. Those moments put a huge smile on your face, they sure wouldn't in any prop boat!

Klass Klown
    First of all I have seen RR2 Big Proppa, And those boats are cool, yet not all that impressive in my opinion. There was a race between a supposedly HEAVY HITTER who hands out ass whoopin's like CANDY, Racing an underpowered Jet boat, looked like a cp tunnell. The Heavy Hitter's boat looked like a mid 8.60-9.0 boat granted yet they never started from a dead stop. I have owned runner bottom V-DRIVES that have ran high 7's as well as jet boats with equal power have run low 8's but I will tell you my jet owned 98% of the v drives in the traditional 1/8 mile lake race. And we will not even talk about lake Hydro's. As I said my D.C.B cat will go by 87.4% of the HEAVY HITTERS here on these FORUMS NO PROBLEM. :220v:

RUSSO
    Wow...hahah...so Any Takers..haha..maybe For A 67 Rayson Or Something???runner..maybe..threw Hull Exhaust Would Be A Plus..

Doin' Time
    wow...tell us what you really think!

bottom feeder
    Rampager,
    As before nice action shots. Keep up the good work you tin canner. Maby we should keep our big mouthes shut as not to populate the water ways

Normally I hate these pissing contest threads but a few people here have no CLUE what they are talking about.
    I USED to have a wooden jetboat, yea totally different animal and obviously one wouldn't want to run shallows with that more for the sake of the hull than the pump.
    I now own a pretty kicka$$ ALUMINUM hull (the design ain't won 12 of 14 worlds for nothing....)and have run it for one season. A few people have already gotten preveiws of the DVD I made of the first seasons adventures and it is video taped PROOF that you can run water that is INSANELY shallow and have the boat AND pump live quite nicely. Its a race hull but I have used to for river exploring
    3 feet!?!?! hell thats what I'd find for absolute IDEAL water to get the boat up on plane AFTER I've gotten stuck in 1.5 inches. I would LOVE to see a prop boat try to follow me up a river, it would be hilarious! I've run in stuff even I was surprised I didn't clip the bottom and I bet ya it was 3" or maybe even less. My only mistake was running an aluminum impeller(pump came out of the wood hull) and yea that did get torn up. SS will fix that and is in the works for next season.
    Im sure like anyone not familiar with alloy hulls(me a year ago) you would be absolutly shocked what a jet can do in shallow water, I know I was/am. A foot of clean water in a jetboat is almost boring. Obviously ultra sandy/silty water isn't good for ANY drive never mind a jetpump. What does that do to a waterpump in a Vdrive boat? or a sterndrive?
    NO prop boat will be following me where I run anytime soon and if they do they better hope I am in a good mood cause they WILL need a ride back to the launch ramp!
    Im quite sure I could get on plane in water that you would never even want to start a vdrive boat in much less shift it into drive
    Its a shame there is some of this attitude on this forum cause it keeps alot of really knowledgeable(and damn nice) guys from coming/posting here. I cannot fathom why "lakeboaters" don't want to learn more about an alloy hull boat thats pushing triple digits(or surpassing it) with a ROCKgrate and no shoe or stuffer/loader.........
    <shrugs>
    just my .02 and yea sorry for being another Canuck
    p.s. watch video 17 and 18 on this page and tell me any prop boat would be following me! Oh and btw my boat ran all summer without any pump repairs
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=5550.0
    actually on page 2 there is a clip (xero1)of one of those ultra sweet moments when the hull juuuust clips the bottom. Those moments put a huge smile on your face, they sure wouldn't in any prop boat!
    Yeah you are right. It is a shame that attitude comes out in posts.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast