Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 19' Dana Jet Trade??

Rampager
    Hey Bottom shoot me your addy and I will mail you a DVD of the adventures
    It should be all fixed/ready by early next week(had some disc burning issues) Canuck you too...
    Cheers

Squirtin Thunder
    p.s. watch video 17 and 18 on this page and tell me any prop boat would be following me! Oh and btw my boat ran all summer without any pump repairs
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=5550.0
    actually on page 2 there is a clip (xero1)of one of those ultra sweet moments when the hull juuuust clips the bottom. Those moments put a huge smile on your face, they sure wouldn't in any prop boat!
    I have a major complaint; The damn video is way to short !!!

Klass Klown
    I have a major complaint; your's is way to short !!!
    Same complaint these V-Driver's wive's have...... :cry:

dmontzsta
    Let me ask this. Who the hell wants to run in shallow water anyways? You get going and bottom out and get thrown over the dash. It happened to my dad before and wasnt pretty.

Rampager
    lol, I won't comment on that one as this IS the vdrive section
    Since ya are a Ford guy Squirtin I "may" be able to shoot ya a copy of the disk
    One cool scene where I pass about 100 salmon fishing guys, 2 of them standing less than knee deep dead center in the river, reeling in damn quick as a big block jetboat heads straight for them LOL (also at least 4 log jumps and i dunno how many gravel bars, hmmmm maybe I should sell these things )
    Cheers
    incidentally my boat is the same hull as the previous boat pic with the lightning bolts, it is super tough and can take some vicious hits

Rampager
    Dmontz, you ever run shallow water at speed in a boat thats set up to do so?????
    If you had, you would NEVER have asked that....
    this goes for anyone out there, open your mind, find someone to take you on a riverjetboat. Run a rapid, skim thru a river 10 feet wide and god knows how deep(you rarely even know, you can't stop to check thats for sure!), jump a tree and skid over a gravel bar, just once
    then you'll understand
    Can't blame you for getting rid of the glass jetboat, but keep the pump and find an aluminum hull!
    Cheers
    p.s. ever since I was in HS i read ***boat and always loved the vdrive boats

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I'm amazed at how well those little aluminum jet boats whip and turn and accelerate! Several years ago there was a manufacturer at the Long Beach boat show selling them. I took a close look inside and out, nice boat!
    I don't understand the shallow water bickering but whatever. Personally I don't run anywhere shallow so its a non issue to me. If I did, maybe I'd consider buying one. :boxed:
    The video links posted above are way too short. I would like to see more of the scenery, looks beautiful.

Rampager
    vdrive that was a really fun river to run and since Im the only guy doing this in this neck of the woods its always an adventure as we have no clue whats around the next bend! There was certainly some awesome scenery as we weaved upriver thru the woods. Ran that river twice, the second time with 2 camcorders running full time(those clips are actually off a digital camera from the first time, thats why they r so short, river was 6-12" shallower the first time we ran it!)
    I can't get into sending out a zillion copies of this DVD for free but perhaps someone 'central' to the Vdrive community wants one that they can copy and send out to whoever else wants one? It has scenes of me "learning" tin boating on 4 rivers and is aprox 45-50 mins. I wanted more footage but was also learning about camcorders etc while trying to keep the pump wet too, It was an exciting summer, next season will be even better!
    Cheers

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    First of all I have seen RR2 Big Proppa, And those boats are cool, yet not all that impressive in my opinion. There was a race between a supposedly HEAVY HITTER who hands out ass whoopin's like CANDY, Racing an underpowered Jet boat, looked like a cp tunnell. The Heavy Hitter's boat looked like a mid 8.60-9.0 boat granted yet they never started from a dead stop. I have owned runner bottom V-DRIVES that have ran high 7's as well as jet boats with equal power have run low 8's but I will tell you my jet owned 98% of the v drives in the traditional 1/8 mile lake race. And we will not even talk about lake Hydro's. As I said my D.C.B cat will go by 87.4% of the HEAVY HITTERS here on these FORUMS NO PROBLEM. :220v:
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :boxed:

dmontzsta
    Rampager, I have never ran in shallow water. Personally, I have no interest in it either. Thats just my opinion and everyone has one.
    I remember watching them on TV when I was little. It was awesome how they whipped the corners.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast