Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 19' Dana Jet Trade??

olbiezer
    its all good dudes.......hell just because i dont have alot of interest in going fast in 6 inches of water dont make me a jet boat hater.......there is obveiously a market for em and alot of interest........i love watching the speed channel when they had those closed course jets on.......dam how do they even find there way around those short courses? i really dont understand all the bickering either......some like em some dont i guess.......id say it really takes balls to go 100 in a v drive and the same in a jet ........whatever lol :220v: :220v:

Rampager
    Everyone seems to know the sprint boats but they are the 'extreme' form of what we do. At times I don't think people realize that you can pleasure boat that same way. People in New Zealand do it all the time and its catching on more and more in western canada, the north/western US and now in Michigan and even way out here in Ontario(well ok its just me....for now ). I can tell you from expereince there is a reason for that. It is a BLAST! One time we stopped after running a river my hands were literally shaking. Only explaination I can offer is .......adrenaline!
    But yes you are right, to each his own..
    (altho your comments now seem a little less valid to me "who the hell wants to run shallows anyway.... etc etc" don't knock it till you have tried it!)
    oh and I have yet to be thrown into the dash either
    Cheers

olbiezer
    how do u turn around and go back if u run out of water anyway? i think if i had to carry a winch and tackle around with me it would take all the fun out of it lol

canuck1
    how do u turn around and go back if u run out of water anyway? i think if i had to carry a winch and tackle around with me it would take all the fun out of it lol
    Sprint boat

Rampager
    When your boat has steel skid plates and some form of bow protection(usually plastic, UHMW) you get out and push! Alot of NZ guys carry what looks like a cross between a paddle and a cricket bat, its actually a push stick, strong enough to pry the boat forward with. Some even use a cruiser bumper or two to "roll" the boat back to deeper water.
    Im a bit unusual in that my 'adventure boat" has a 800 lb+ big block in it and its 21 feet long! lol
    I carry 2, 2"x2" aluminum push bars 7' long, a 2000 lb ATV winch(cheap but it got me out of the river after the "incident" in Michigan!) and a few other small things just in case. You really gotta worry about 2 things: boating alone and breaking down, that can be BIG problems, and getting stuck somewhere thats not WIDE enough to turn the boat around(yes I have run thru stuff thats less than 21 feet wide) Read the New Zealand forum to see what adventures you can have in a boat. Its way more fun than you can imagine and EVERY outing becomes an adventure.
    I'd love to go out in a 120 mph vdrive boat and scorch some water but I have a feeling after going up and down the lake 50 times I will be looking for something else to do.
    Everytime you run a shallow river its different, different depth, this rock wasn't showing before, that tree wasn't submerged before, that rock IS submerged now(ouch) etc etc There is absolutly nothing stopping me from putting an 800 HP motor in my same hull and doing the same river runs. If the river gets 'wide' and boring I can tear it up at 95 mph but I can still jump logs and scrape over gravel, Whats so hard to understand about the appeal of this???? lol
    I can't wait to get my boat speed up and hang with most outboard guys in our area and keep right on motoring when it gets shallow
    Im done for tonight but all I can say is before you question it, badmouth it, TRY IT!
    Cheers

olbiezer
    i'll be up for my demo ride in august lol

Aluminum Squirt
    I'm not here to sell shallow water. I love it but I'd just as soon keep people off the rivers I play in. I'm not here to bash V drives either. I love V drives, grew up on one, and would certainly own one if I had room for a third boat in my life. Many of the best looking/running boats I have seen have been V drives. I'm sure it takes a very different set of driving skills to make a 100+MPH pass in a flat than it does to run 3" water in a jet. I was just trying to set a few people straight on the fact that all jets are not from the 70's, have 455's, are made from fiberglass, or have pump problems in less than 3' of water. There are plenty of fast lake jets, there are plenty of fast V drives, but there are also some aluminum jets out there than run regularly in 3" of water, jump over things, run hard, and turn hard. People that blindly and vehemently support their particular and very small segment of their sport while bashing others are ignorant. I love boating and high performance, but I also have a limited means. If I won the lottery taday, you wouldn't be able to build a big enough shop for all my boats, and every style would be represented. OK, I've said enough, I'll try to stay out of the V drive section now, as you guys know your sport far better than I ever will-Aluminum Squirt

Aluminum Squirt
    PS-my sled is down right now, but as soon as its back up and if you are in Norcal, just let me know and you'll get a demo ride

Klass Klown
    You guy's make me laugh. HA HA HA HA Go get em fellow jetter's.

Squirtin Thunder

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast