Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 19' Dana Jet Trade??

MAXIMUS
    Has anybody caught any footage of those jet boats I think from Australia or something that run those little short course 1 pin obstical deals. I saw a reality show where one lost steering & wound up on shore & on spectators... I was stunned at how quik & tight turning those things were... White water jets are quite impressive plain & simple...

Squirtin Thunder
    Maxi look up !!!

bigkatboat
    I thought the guy wanted to go from jet drive to V- drive, why all the bashing? If you guys want to bang around on the rocks, bust up your equipment, and play in the mud, GO AHEAD! You will be doing me a favor, 'cause I will be in the deeper WATER (NO MUD, NO ROCKS) and I will thank you for 'playing' where I DO NOT WANT TO GO! If you guys think the "triple throw down" aluminum jet boats are THAT MUCH, bring them to the REAL drag or circle races and show us!!! Way back in 85' or 86' I did a Southwind 18' 460 Ford, Berkeley, for two brothers who wanted to run a "4 day river race". The hull had short stringers, I did the hull bottom, motor, pump, place diverter, and a movable ride plate with foot control. The "plastic" drag boat came in third in one of those 4 day races. They ran against all of the 'rules of river racing', and still did well. I think they were crazy. The boat was ivory, with brown metal flake, and a lite blue pinstripe. Single carb., 460 Ford, Berkeley 'G' with moving ride plate and droop with Place Diverter. Do any of you guys remember it? How simple (or tough) can "rock racing be?"

canuck1
    I thought the guy wanted to go from jet drive to V- drive, why all the bashing? If you guys want to bang around on the rocks, bust up your equipment, and play in the mud, GO AHEAD! You will be doing me a favor, 'cause I will be in the deeper WATER (NO MUD, NO ROCKS) and I will thank you for 'playing' where I DO NOT WANT TO GO! If you guys think the "triple throw down" aluminum jet boats are THAT MUCH, bring them to the REAL drag or circle races and show us!!! Way back in 85' or 86' I did a Southwind 18' 460 Ford, Berkeley, for two brothers who wanted to run a "4 day river race". The hull had short stringers, I did the hull bottom, motor, pump, place diverter, and a movable ride plate with foot control. The "plastic" drag boat came in third in one of those 4 day races. They ran against all of the 'rules of river racing', and still did well. I think they were crazy. The boat was ivory, with brown metal flake, and a lite blue pinstripe. Single carb., 460 Ford, Berkeley 'G' with moving ride plate and droop with Place Diverter. Do any of you guys remember it? How simple (or tough) can "rock racing be?"
    Back in those days there were alot of glass boats running and the speeds were 40 mph or more less than todays. what was fast in 85/6 isn't now.....drag racing is the same

canuck1
    Has anybody caught any footage of those jet boats I think from Australia or something that run those little short course 1 pin obstical deals. I saw a reality show where one lost steering & wound up on shore & on spectators... I was stunned at how quik & tight turning those things were... White water jets are quite impressive plain & simple...
    Sprint boats. myself, alum squirt and bottom feeder have them

El Prosecutor
    ....all jets are not from the 70's, have 455's, are made from fiberglass, or have pump problems....
    Now you had to go and get personal . . .
    My boat fits that description to a tee, and I STILL love her!
    And she's SLOW too!
    I do feel the love though - deep down inside we all feel the magic of boats in one way or another, or we wouldn't be up in the middle of the night typing about 'em.
    Keep posting!!

Rampager
    You'd have to be insane to run a glass boat in any river race that ive seen. I know there were wome shots of guys down in Mexico that did that in the 80's but I assume they did that becuase they had no other choice.
    Don't think a glasshull would fare that long in the races Ive seen but hey try it if you think its 'that easy'
    Ive hit rocks at 50 mph+ and cannot fathom what they would feel like at 105+ or whatever speeds the marathon boats are doing now.
    Here is a few pics of what my hull looked like when I bought it and this was from WATER, tell me a glass boat would have lived thru this hit........http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i....0;attach=3202 ;image
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i....0;attach=3203 ;image
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i....0;attach=3204 ;image
    And the biggest advantage to aluminum hulls.........
    http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/i....0;attach=3304 ;image
    Cheers
    p.s. Big, what came first and 2nd and by how much??? :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Dang. this tread is stoopid,,,,,
    caint beleive I jest read it.
    jets r fer homos. end of the storey.
    If you dont know that by now, aint worth esplainin,,,,
    First of all, you are a homo!!! I think you failed hooked on phonics. I cant believe that a rookie like yourself could come out of the gates talking $hit like that! Un*ucking believable. Whatever your smoking, pass it back to whoever gave it to you because you obviously dont need anymore....

First of all, you are a homo!!! I think you failed hooked on phonics. I cant believe that a rookie like yourself could come out of the gates talking $hit like that! Un*ucking believable. Whatever your smoking, pass it back to whoever gave it to you because you obviously dont need anymore....
    What are you new??? :argue:

Kurtis500
    Wow.. this crap belongs in bench racers.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast