Thread: Business Owners

tcook33
    Any other business owners out there have some information on the best resource to use for hiring?
    I have been told that Monster.com is the best. Anone have any first hand experience with this site?
    I am looking for a new sales manager and salespeople for a window/door dealer in Simi Valley servicing the Ventura and Los Angeles counties. If you know of somebody that would benefit from this position, let me know.

OGShocker
    I have used this and did well. (http://los.angeles.jobs.com/) Good luck, T.

lakewake
    Mixed feelings on Monster. Used it quite a bit a fews years back for sales people and had good results. If you use them keep a journal of printouts of your add.When you placed , when they expired, when you paid. They have a cute trick of coming back a year later and re-billing for adds that you didn't run. I never opened an account for billing,always paid COD and they still pulled that crap. Other than that it pulls well. I particularly like not screening via the telephone. Just give them an email to forward their cover letter and resume. Send a thank you note when you receive letting them know you will contact if interested. In your header paragragh list all of the industries that have sales people or managers that would transition well to your company. When people type in that industry on the search bar your add will come up.For example you are a window and door company list all the contracting trades..Air conditioning,closets,garage doors etc. You will get a better pull.
    Good Luck.I'll PM you some of my adds that did well.

TCHB
    I have used Monster the last two months and it work out great.

Rowboat
    I have been using careerbuilder.com. Have pulled some decent sales people from there. Have pulled some bad ones to to tell you the truth. Had one guy fall asleep in 1st day of training.

tcook33
    I have used this and did well. (http://los.angeles.jobs.com/) Good luck, T.
    Jobs.com.........I think I'm gonna use all 3 sites.
    Jobs.com
    careerbuilder.com
    monster.com
    I heard sales is the hardest position to fill.
    Thanks for the info....
    P.S. I see your sig about threaded inc. I remember he came on here and plugged his business and was a total jerkoff in all his responses....

tcook33
    Mixed feelings on Monster. Used it quite a bit a fews years back for sales people and had good results. If you use them keep a journal of printouts of your add.When you placed , when they expired, when you paid. They have a cute trick of coming back a year later and re-billing for adds that you didn't run. I never opened an account for billing,always paid COD and they still pulled that crap. Other than that it pulls well. I particularly like not screening via the telephone. Just give them an email to forward their cover letter and resume. Send a thank you note when you receive letting them know you will contact if interested. In your header paragragh list all of the industries that have sales people or managers that would transition well to your company. When people type in that industry on the search bar your add will come up.For example you are a window and door company list all the contracting trades..Air conditioning,closets,garage doors etc. You will get a better pull.
    Good Luck.I'll PM you some of my adds that did well.
    That's some good info. I'll copy it, paste it, and refer to it when I need it.

tcook33
    I have been using careerbuilder.com. Have pulled some decent sales people from there. Have pulled some bad ones to to tell you the truth. Had one guy fall asleep in 1st day of training.
    Nice....His parents must be proud....

ultra27jay
    hey terry try craigslist.com .

YeLLowBoaT
    I have had good luck with craigslist... just have to weed down a little.( this is construction) I have tried the agencys... what a joke. I am about to try the news paper.