Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone offended by this?

MRSDRMCAT
    Is anyone offended by motorcyclists splitting traffic on the freeway? And if so, do you hug the line on purpose as to not let them pass? Just wondering.

Ziggy
    not at all, it's legal.
    I most often move over in my lane to give them space. They appreciate it with a wave 90% of the time and I worry less about them snapping my mirror.
    Share the road.
    If you are a line hugger, check your door for a kick mark when you get home. :crossx:

havasu p/t er
    I actually pull into the "E" lane to let them pass. As long as they're between the number 1 & 2 lanes, they are legal!

Brian Ray
    I always move over to give them room....

Phat Matt
    I usually get the wave because I move over for them also.
    Now the people who do piss me off are the car drivers who pass everyone in the emergency lane in traffic. Wait in line like the rest of us. I will block them sometimes.

MagicMtnDan
    Lane splitting between the #1 & #2 lanes is legal because it's actually safer than having to ride in between vehicles in stop-and-go traffic (people lose sight/track of the bike and crash into them from behind, etc.).
    I am happy to move over to give them room especially when they're not screaming fast (that's illegal). The law used to be something like no more than 10 MPH more than the traffic is going (not sure how the law used to be and don't know what it is now).
    I cannot stand when cyclists split other lanes and I don't give them any extra space. It's not legal (AFAIK) and it's not safe since traffic isn't expecting them there.
    Give 'em a break and give 'em some extra room when they're obeying the law.

MRSDRMCAT
    The reason I asked is because my husband rides a motorcyle and I worry about him splitting traffic. I just wanted to get an honest answer to see how people really feel about it! Thanks for the quick responses!!!!!

al cole'holic
    ..riders are suppose to carry ball bearings in their pockets in case they encounter a c.unt like you

MRSDRMCAT
    I usually get the wave because I move over for them also.
    Now the people who do piss me off are the car drivers who pass everyone in the emergency lane in traffic. Wait in line like the rest of us. I will block them sometimes.
    I agree. I actually got out of my car one time and tapped on this chicks window and asked her why she thought why she was so special to pass over 100 cars and try to squeeze in before us via the right shoulder to exit the 40 at the 95 when we were all stuck behind an accident! :220v:

MRSDRMCAT
    ..riders are suppose to carry ball bearings in their pockets in case they encounter a c.unt like you
    wow dude kick back... Don't jump to conculsions! It was such a simple question for such a harsh return!! :yuk:

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast