Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Thin in 2006

Mrs. casean
    Yeah, its not going to be easy. I have zero will power. But I know I can do it. I kicked butt at it last year and then slacked. I just have to commit to it and not give in to beer and Doritos and stuff.
    No beer :cry: that's the hard part You'll do great I'm sure! It's early enough to get a good jump on it all before it's time to be seen in a bikini again! It's on for me! Back to my old diet.

riverjunkie
    I really need to be on this wagon with you guys, I got on it a year ago last august and not only fell off but was ran over by the wagon as well. I have more than 40 to loose, to be my ideal weight, you know in my dreams, a lovely lady lump. Well lets all work together and keep each other motivated, I'd like to shamelessly wear my suit this year at the river.

Mrs. casean
    I really need to be on this wagon with you guys, I got on it a year ago last august and not only fell off but was ran over by the wagon as well. I have more than 40 to loose, to be my ideal weight, you know in my dreams, a lovely lady lump. Well lets all work together and keep each other motivated, I'd like to shamelessly wear my suit this year at the river.
    Best of luck to you girlie! Why is it so hard for girls! Any helpful hits or advise that's working for you... let us know! We all need the support

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Hey Linds, what kind of diet do you have going on? Last year I did low carb, basically allowed myself carbs at one meal a day and I did really good at it because I didn't feel deprived. I am going to try that again.
    Welcome Riverjunkie! We can all totally do this.
    Oh, one thing that helps me alot is a food diary. I keep track of everything I eat, calories, fat gram and carbs. Makes it harder to cheat. I feel guilty eating a Tootsie Roll if I have to write it down in my diary. :cry:
    :rollside:

riverjunkie
    Thats sounds like a good idea, maybe I will think twice before I put something in my mouth if I know I need to write it down, Oh my I'd be writing all day!!!

Mrs. casean
    Hey Linds, what kind of diet do you have going on? Last year I did low carb, basically allowed myself carbs at one meal a day and I did really good at it because I didn't feel deprived. I am going to try that again.
    Welcome Riverjunkie! We can all totally do this.
    Oh, one thing that helps me alot is a food diary. I keep track of everything I eat, calories, fat gram and carbs. Makes it harder to cheat. I feel guilty eating a Tootsie Roll if I have to write it down in my diary. :cry:
    :rollside:
    Basically it's a low everything diet that is just sensible meals and eating smaller portions w/ 2 snacks. So the 5 meals a day system. And lots of water! I did it two years ago and lost 20 from Mid March to end of May. I kept it all off until this year :cry: I am the same size in clothes, but nothing feels the same :cry: So it's back on. I allow 2 free meals a week... so I can eat 2 pieces of pizza if we order pizza, or go out to dinner and not feel guilty. Plus I worked out min. 3 days a week. It worked so I'll do it again

riverjunkie
    I'm still trying to decide if I should go on some sort of supervised weight loss program, ie Jenny. I went to a weight loss center last year and started out ok but fell off after about 6 months. I think I need supervision or maybe I'll just sign on and look for you all to motivate me when I feel like cheating. At any rate I NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I have made a renewed commitment the last couple of days. I have been "good" with the food, and I went to the gym yesterday mornning for a quick workout. One of my best friends owns a karate dojo and she offers cardio-kickboxing two nights a week. She used to be a personal trainer, so I went to the kick-boxing last night (pretty dang fun getting to beat the crap out of the bag! ) and she is going to set me up with a better diet to increase my metabolism. Then the kids and I did a vigorous 5 mile hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau this afternoon. Alright, it was only 4 miles
    I sure hope I see at least a little bit of results within a week. Oh, and Jeff took all of my measurements last night. But I will NOT post them :yuk:
    I have 20# to loose and about 6 inches of belly. Good luck everyone!

Mrs. casean
    I have made a renewed commitment the last couple of days. I have been "good" with the food, and I went to the gym yesterday mornning for a quick workout. One of my best friends owns a karate dojo and she offers cardio-kickboxing two nights a week. She used to be a personal trainer, so I went to the kick-boxing last night (pretty dang fun getting to beat the crap out of the bag! ) and she is going to set me up with a better diet to increase my metabolism. Then the kids and I did a vigorous 5 mile hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau this afternoon. Alright, it was only 4 miles
    I sure hope I see at least a little bit of results within a week. Oh, and Jeff took all of my measurements last night. But I will NOT post them :yuk:
    I have 20# to loose and about 6 inches of belly. Good luck everyone!
    Best of luck to you Angie! Where was that hiking you did? If you ever want to meet up on a weekend we're both around for a hike or something let me know! I don't know where though? I love the hike up San Jacinto! We could even get a group together and head out early for a good hike... as long as it's not snowing I am not sure where to go around here really... I need to learn the area better! There are some trailer up off Ortega too. Well good luck to you and I'm sure you'll be kicking ass w/ those kickboxing classes

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    The Santa Rosa Plateau is an ecological reserve up Clinton Keith Rd in Wildomar/Murrieta. Just keep going up the hill till you get to it, it's only about 5 miles west of the 15 interstate. Hikes range from 1 1/2 miles on up. I will give you a ring if I go up on the weekend sometime.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast