Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droop Snoot / Place Diverter

MISSING
    I've been looking into getting my project 18 Biesemeyer jetdrive rebuilt. It currently has a droop snoot, and I want a place diverter. I've been told that I should replace the droop snoot and go with just the place diverter. Can I go with both? What are the pros / cons? I'm planing on using a 502, 502hp crate engine, can anyone give me an idea of what performance I should be seeing? Hull is blueprinted and pump will be rebuilt to new, plus whatever I can do to make it as efficient as possible. Hull is really light. Thanks for your input...

Floored
    need pics of this Bezer!!! Mine uses both quite well. is yours the V style bottom or the modified tunnels?

MISSING
    Here's the side...next rear...
    What engine do you run? What kind of speed are you seeing?

olbiezer
    floored has one just like yours.....and i had one sold it a year ago........mine with a droop and diverter and a worn out 12 jg did 70 and change on the gps.....with your power and a good engind id expect to see at least 75 to 80.....oh ya keep the droop i was told not to run a droop also but all i had to do was lower the ride plate 4 turns and it smoothed right out........great looking jet boat keep the pics coming please....this was my old one belowhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1789P1120008-med.JPG

Mr. Crusader 83

SANGER-RICH
    I RUN BOTH. DROOP AND DIVERTER
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CK_CAR_008.jpg
    Does the droop make that much differance, if so is it worth the money?

Mr. Crusader 83
    i think it help alot.... it makes the boat feel lighter in the water when your up on plane. it doesnt feel so stuck. it gets a little loose at times. but its better by far.

Floored
    I have that same droop and nozzle setup on my Jacuzzi, in my Biesemeyer and it works great. Boat always has a slight wiggle to it, nothing bad just a feeling when running kinda midrange but is steady at full throttle. Could be part of the shoe and rideplate working together, only does it when running light and not with 5 people in the boat. this is a part throttle pic http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/...cbbb040124.JPG

olbiezer
    the droop and diverter combined for 7 mph on my boat

MISSING
    Thanks for the input...hoping I'll be able to get 80+mph...will go with both the droop and the diverter. Anyone have any idea what that hardware is running under the motor mount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast