Thread: Sopranos - Season Finale (What'd you think?)

MagicMtnDan
    Disappointing finale: This Thanksgiving- and Christmas-themed season ender is the last new "Sopranos" episode before the final eight shows kick in in January. And what a disappointment it was. Tony discovered that Christopher was sleeping with Tony's own failed conquest, Juliana, and even that didn't spark an emotional outburst. So many random plotlines in this episode seems to be just filling time. What't the incentive for viewers to even return in January? With this as the pentultimate season-ender, it feels like "The Sopranos" has started shooting blanks.
    House mother: Adriana's despondent mother attempted suicide, and Carmela started thinking about hiring a PI to look into Ade's disappearance. Tony couldn't have that, so he put Silvio back on the job, successfully pressuring the building inspector to OK Carm's spec house. It seems to have worked: She was seen passing over a business card for the PI firm, instead making a call relating to house business again. But we can't have heard the last of Adriana's death -- viewers will be up in arms if the murder isn't exposed in some way by the end of the series.
    Paternal instincts: AJ Soprano may not have wanted to take his construction job, but at least he met a woman there. He began dating a single mom who's 10 years older than AJ and either Puerto Rican or Dominican, depending on whether Tony or Carmela is right. She seems to be bringing out the best in the Soprano brat. Not only did he act fatherly towards her young son, Hector, but he struck a deal with some loud toughs outside her house, giving them a bike to go away. Well, that's not exactly how Tony would have handled it, but it seemed to work.
    Off the wagon: Christopher met Tony's Juliana at an AA meeting and the two started seeing each other. Turns out they're both also former drug addicts -- well, scratch the "former," as they started using again. Chris confessed to her that he doesn't want to be the married expectant father that he is (do we see another Scott Peterson situation coming?). He hid their relationship from Tony for a while, but when he confessed, Tony seemed remarkably calm about it. Are these the hotheaded Sopranos we know and love?
    All-you-can-eat buffet: Dr. Melfi's scenes with Tony seem to have been drastically cut back this season, and when she is onscreen, nothing much happens. This episode, Tony confessed some anger about Chris and Juliana, and she flatly told him "you don't have to eat every dish of rigatoni." That was about it for sterling advice from Melfi this episode, and perhaps this season. How bored must she be? Remember the days when she actually had a storyline outside of her office?
    Holiday visitor: Junior Soprano remains shut away in a psych ward, and his plotline seems to have been locked away, too. There's been no movement towards his trial in recent weeks, and even AJ seems to have forgotten about his "mummy" uncle. Only Bobby Baccala paid Junior a holiday visit, but even he didn't stay long.
    Heart to heart: Tony cackled when his guys blew up a business just as Phil Leotardo and a lady friend were walking towards it. But that wasn't the worst of it for hapless Phil. After being sent home from the hospital and told he had gas, he staggered back in with a massive heart attack. While Phil was hospitalized, a federal agent let it slip to Tony that the NY family was looking to take out someone close to Tony. Tony paid Phil a visit in the hospital and tried to convince him to focus on the good things in life, like grandkids, but Mafia men aren't really known for their Hallmark-card-like lifestyles. The family war is not over.

AZJD
    Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Lousy episode to begin with, for being a season finale......................
    And did you happen to catch the part about the last 8 episodes not starting until next year?
    F U C K the Sopranos, I am sick of wasting my time waiting for something good to happen!
    Give me some good old Nip Tuck or Deadwood

lalhc
    The entire season could of been made in 3 shows. I thought last nights show was leading to the season finale next week. I didn't realize it was the last show until I pressed the "Guide" button half-way through the show.